• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Unknown Device

From the beginning there has been an “Unknown” device on my network. The usage is always 0 hrs 0 mins. It also says Currently On Network. First, this is upsetting because it looks like some kind of intruder. Second, it is at any of my devices since all my devices are labeled correctly. Third, it would be helpful to have a way to manually remove a device from the active and the inactive lists. Fourth, any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Unknown Device

Hello DebBeee What network is the "unknown" device being shown on? Your 2.4 GHz / 5.0 GHz / Guest Network? Can you tap on the device and get any information about it such as a MAC Address, or IP address?

Answering your #4 the only real way to rid your Core of old connected devices and the unknown device would be doing a factory reset. I replied to the issue of adding the ability to manually remove these in your other thread.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

Thank you. I’ve attached PDFs of screenshots. Another oddity is that it comes up “managed” even when I turn off managed. Any suggestions on what this is? I will consider resetting to the factory defaults.
Kudos0

DebBeee Here is how to post images to the forums. Makes it much simpler for you: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

In your app disable "managed" for that device and see what happens. It has an MAC address meaning at one point the device was attempting to connect to your network. More than likely its a duplicate entry for another device already connected. One way to check is write down the MAC address and check other devices on the network as having the same duplicate MAC address. That will narrow it down to the WHAT it is however short of the WHY it happened.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

No matter how many times I disable “managed”, it is still managed when I return to the device. I will look at MAC addresses of other devices. I may not be able to do that for a few days or a feed weeks because we are in the middle of a move. Thank you SoulAsylum for your help. DebBeee
Kudos0

You're welcome. Please let us know what your search results are, we can proceed from there when you are all settled.

Cheers

Kudos0

Hello

If you are moving, you  may end up having new networks and that strange device may not be there after the move.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

Do you have any home automation devices, such as light controls or thermostats? 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hello DebBeee Its been a few days so thought I would follow up in the event you have gotten settled.

Cheers

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.