Norton 22.14 Product Update available now
Norton Security 22.14 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Suite (Comcast)
To verify you have the update for Norton Security 22.14, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQs below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 18.104.22.168
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.14:
Google Chrome Clean Up
- Deletes temporary files that are left on your computer after you browse using Google Chrome browser.
Detailed PEP advanced setting
- Settings User Interface displays new "Exploit Prevention" category. Exploit Prevention category displays the list of individual techniques so that the customer can turn on or off any individual technique.
- Starting this version the Identity pillar in the main user interface will be greyed out until Norton Security toolbar extension is installed or configured for the browser.
- To install/Configure click on the Identity Pillar and follow the setup instructions.
- Starting this version, the Identity Protection Settings (Seen in below image) has been moved to the browser extension/add-on.
- Optimize Large BackUp Set Selection in Restore operations
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Security Centre (WSC) displays 'Norton Firewall is OFF' status with Norton Antivirus. - thread
- Fixed an issue where the Norton LiveUpdate did not automatically - thread
- Fixed an issue where the Chrome IDSafe extension migration User Interface appearing repeatedly - thread
- Other minor bug fixes
Reboot required for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Note: You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version in all the operating systems
Note: Norton 22.14 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 Anniversary Update, 10 Creators Update and 10 Fall Creators Update