• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Toolbar add-on present in FF, but doesn't verify safe URLs

Last week I had to do a Factory Reset of my HP Notebook and got Win'8.1 reinstalled, and also immediately installed Norton Security Standard licensed version. While I get the Norton Toolbar in both IE11 & Chrome and they work fine, in FF it does show as a green check mark on the top right but in search results thru Google, it doesn't show the green check marks (verifying safe URLs) as it does in IE & Chrome. Tried getting help from Norton Support, but all they say over a chat session is to run LiveUpdate and check, else reinstall Norton Toolbar in FF, though I have done it this morning afresh.

How do I get the Firefox web browser to display the green check mark at the end of Google search results, so I am assured that I am accessing safe websites ?

Would appreciate help on this from anyone !

NSS 2018 | Windows 8.1 Home (64-bit) with SP1 | 4Gb RAM & NMS 4.1.1.4117 on Lenovo K3 Note

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar add-on present in FF, but doesn't verify safe URLs

The Firefox extension no longer shows SafeWeb annotations in Google / Bing searches unfortunately.  I suspect Symantec would prefer you to use Safe Search, powered by Ask, which does show SafeWeb annotations.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar add-on present in FF, but doesn't verify safe URLs

Oh. That's sad. Defeats the very purpose of using an open source web browser like FF. Looks like firms are killing net neutrality any which way they can :-(

NSS 2018 | Windows 8.1 Home (64-bit) with SP1 | 4Gb RAM & NMS 4.1.1.4117 on Lenovo K3 Note

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.