• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Secure VPN disconnects Internet

Hi folks

I have two Windows machines, both on same Windows version (currently W10 17763.316). Both have Norton Secure VPN installed on same version (1.7.0.235).

If I start Norton Secure VPN (NSV) on my laptop it will connect to the service but then the wireless network icon in the system tray switches from connected to disconnected, causing NSV to disconnect. The wireless network then automatically reconnects and NSV will try to connect again. This repeats a couple of times and then NSV complains "No Internet Connection" and shows the Norton Account login dialog again.

I have uninstalled/restarted/installed a couple of times to make sure I had the latest version but this still happens, only on this laptop.

Any ideas?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Secure VPN disconnects Internet

It has been a while since I installed NSV, so not sure if it still works the same way. If prompted, did you allow the installation of a TAP driver? That is required for the VPN connection to work.

You can check for this TAP driver by opening an elevated command prompt. Click on the Start button and type 'cmd', then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator. Then type 'ipconfig /all' . Look through the results for one of the adapters that has the Description of TAP-Windows Adapter V9

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.