• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Manual DNS Server Settings

Will there ever be an option to manually configure the DNS server settings outside the default 4 options provide on the app?  We often thread the line between security and privacy (mutually exlcusive) when it comes to DNS servers.  Although, I understand the reasoning behind Symantec's push towards their DNS server, I do not know how much meta-data collected from the DNS queries are stored and shared with third party's.  Cloudflare's DNS servers (1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1) is the only company I've put my faith in these days since they have a hard restriction on collection and third party sharing.

Thanks,

Juan

Labels: DNS

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Manual DNS Server Settings

I would not hold out any hope for new features/abilities for the Core router. Norton is no longer selling this product. See this post from employee Gayathri_R.    https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8088221#comment-8088221

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Literally just saw that after I posted...what a waste of money.

Kudos0

If you purchased within 30 days, you can request a refund from Norton. Even if you are a little over the 30 day limit, I would push for a refund as they pulled the plug without notice for a new purchaser.

www.norton.com/contactcs

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.