• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Future of Norton Core router's security updates

I would appreciate any advice on whether it is worth the cost of renewing my Norton Core Security Plus subscription now that the Core has been discontinued.

I am a Norton Core owner.  My Norton Core Security Plus subscription ends in about 3 months.  I understand that at the end of that subscription I then pay $10 per month to continue it.  What I can't find an answer to is whether now that Norton have discontinued the Norton Core router they going to continue to update the router's security software, or just provide software protecting the computers on the network.  I am concerned that with the router sales discontinued Norton won't maintain the router's security.  Is this concern justified?

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Future of Norton Core router's security updates

Current Norton Core customers with an active subscription to Norton Core Security Plus software will continue to receive protection for their home network, connected devices, laptops, tablets and smartphones through January 31, 2021.

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8088221#comment-8088221

The protection will be supported for another year and a half.

Kudos0

Hello

We will continue to get new firmware and apps until the end of Jan. 2021 provided if you continue to pay the monthly fee.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Yeah. And a $250 investment flop in a router.  I am abandoning Norton....again.  

Kudos0

It is a very good question and I am actually wondering about the same thing. Can't really find an answer on it. That said, I will continue with the router until its not supported anymore.

Kudos1 Stats

All: About as close to anything "official" was posted by Gayathri_R in the thread SOJ posted earlier. In that same thread, I have also purported to the team regarding the repurposing of Core once support is done. From what I THINK may happen is a fresh software solution my be in the pipeline for when that takes place. Just a guess on my part FWIW!! For that, I will personally wait and see what that would entail if it were to come to fruition. Personally, I'd like Core completely wiped and accessible via browser for installation of a compatible firmware of choosing. To that end I will continue advocating so that hopefully more than one path is available for we, the end user.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

I posted that I felt cheated since they tricked me into buying a new one when THEY were having some sort of intermittent problem with intermittent bandwidth issues caused by DPI. So I bought 2 instead of just one, and now they are discontinuing them. I don't see how I can ever trust them again. My customers wont be buying Norton products any more either since they buy what I recommend.

They didn't allow my first message in the thread. I guess that's supposed to resolve the problem.

Kudos0

It's a shame they are discontinuing this and shame on them for not being more transparent and updating the owners as soon as the decision to discontinue was announced.  I found out by accident looking for something totally unrelated in the forums and ran into all these threads about it.

I am an early adopter, heck I pre-ordered the Core as soon as it was announced. As such I am already on a monthly billing cycle so I assume I can just continue that as long as the Core is still supported.

At least the official EOS is a ways off so at least I don't have to router shopping anytime soon but it'd be nice to know what the  plans are past the end of active service and support  for those of us that own this device