• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Disable identity safe Android chrome

Identity safe interferes with my login to a site.  I can't find a way to remove it from Chrome on my one year od Samsung Galaxy Android 8.1 tablet.   The instructions I found online after not accurate.

Anyone?  Thanks much for about help.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Disable identity safe Android chrome

How is Norton Password Manager, NPM, interfering with your login? Is it only on one site or all sites with logins? 

The mobile password manager is not installed in your Chrome browser. But you can go into NPM Settings and turn off the auto fill for Chrome.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I am having trouble maintaining my signin on a website using Firefox - peninsuladailynews.com. Therefore I tried using Chrome. When I reached the login screen, I got an NPM icon on the login window. I could enter the credentials, but not use the login button. As fo NPM settings, when I turn off Chrome Autofill, it takes me to Android settings, where I can turn off App Autofill, but not just for Chrome. Back to square A1.

Kudos0

I just tried your web site and tried to sign in. I was able to enter an email address and a password and when I tapped on Log In it worked correctly for me. And I did have the NPM icon showing on the login screen.

Was this the same trouble you were having with Firefox? Try logging into some other sites. Maybe it is, or was, just a temporary issue with that one site.

I'll look into the option to turn off auto fill in Chrome when I get a little more time.

EDIT

I looked at the auto fill settings in Android Settings on my Samsung Tab A on Android 8.1.

Under General Management - Language and Input - Input Assistance, I see NPM listed under Autofill Service. Tapping on Autofill Service brings up a list of services. On my device it shows just Google and NPM, with a None option. So if you wish to turn off the feature for NPM you can choose either Google or None. I tried turning it on for both Google and NPM but it only allows one choice. ie. It appears you can only have one autofill service active at a time.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.