Norton Security for Mac 8.7.4 is now available!
Por: Gayathri_R30 Admin
We are happy to release Norton Security for Mac 8.7.4 for all supported languages.
The below FAQ addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
This build is available for all via LiveUpdate, and the installer in Norton Account is updated.
This new update is available for:
- Norton 360
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Reboot is required.
- This is a phased release. Applicable only to random endpoints.
- Norton 8.7.4 will target only Norton 8.7.2 in Mac OS 10.12.x and above.
2. What's new in this build?
- With this release, we have moved Mac OS 10.10.x and Mac OS 10.11.x versions of our security software (Norton 8.7.3) into Maintenance Mode; These users will receive only virus definition and not the product updates. Please refer to this post for more details.
- Defect Fixes & Engineering Enhancements
- Norton UI not launching Issues: Most common cause observed in this issue was due to incorrect permissions of Norton files and folders. With this update we check and correct the permissions of all Norton files and folders.
- Fix on VPN Connectivity Issues.
- Fixes on Rebootless patch.
- Other under the hood changes and bug fixes.
3. Where can I post my queries?
Please visit the Norton 360 for Mac forum board to post your queries.