Este hilo del foro necesita una solución
Kudos0

NPM will not connect from My Norton

Win 10 PC running Norton 360 for years. Made the mistake of installing Norton Secure Browser for 2 days, then removed it.  Caused numerous problems with Firefox (default) browser and Thunderbird, but My Norton problem now appears.  On that page, the Password Manager button is black on white and says "Set Up", even though NPM is set up and active and accessible via browsers and Norton Account.  Further if you press that button, the oval turns blue but nothing else happens - ever!  It appears My Norton screen is not synced to the rest of Norton 360 and the status of NPM.  Any ideas?

Image in Moderation

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: NPM will not connect from My Norton

Set your default browser to another and then back to the one you want, Live update or restart, see if that helps

Kudos0

Switching to Chrome worked, but going back to Firefox still plays games with MY Norton NPM button.  Tried temporarily removing Firefox Browser Extension (button) and refreshing Firefox, but problem persists.  I can get to NPM through Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browser extensions.  Not sure if this is a Firefox problem, or a Norton problem.

Kudos0

as test:
set Firefox as default browser & enabled Norton Password Manager extension in Firefox.

My Norton dashboard reports Password Manager Extension installed > Access Vault

Access Vault calls Firefox

Caveat:
My Norton is not my default launch view. 
Firefox is not my default browser. 
My preference is calling Norton Password Manager from browser. 

Kudos0

bflo142:

It appears My Norton screen is not synced to the rest of Norton 360 and the status of NPM.  

Password Manager - Monitoring active - Set Up = head scratch. 

Please Sign Out My Norton/Norton 360 and Sign Out Norton Password Manager extensions > all browsers > close Firefox + close all browsers and run Norton LiveUpdate > Restart (not Shut down) machine.

Please post progress.  

Kudos0

Did that without success.  Continue to believe this is some sort of Norton bug or install error. My account subscription area shows I have a functional NPM vault, My Norton (standard, not classic view) also shows a "Feature Setup" Icon which shows "4/5". Pressing that button shows that the only "feature" greyed-out is "Password Manager". Pressing "continue" supposedly connects with the Norton Server, then shows "You're all Set!" (all features ARE setup).  The My Norton area isn't getting the correct information from the Subscription area.

Kudos0

bflo142:

The My Norton area isn't getting the correct information from the Subscription area.

Okay...but, can you access/unlock your vault via your browser Norton Password Manager button?  
Norton Password Manager extension is stand-alone.  NPM does not need My Norton. 
Maybe, Norton 360 refresh clean install will sort My Norton. 
Maybe, call Norton Password Manager from your browser...fwiw that always works for me. 
Um, is your browser password manager enabled? 

bflo142:
Not sure if this is a Firefox problem, or a Norton problem.

You'd probably need to refresh clean install Norton 360 to eliminate Norton.  Norton Support will probably advise Norton 360 reinstall & Norton Password Manager reinstall, as troubleshooting.  

If you want My Norton - Norton Password Manager - Access Vault to call Firefox (default) Norton Password Manager. 
Remove all Firefox extensions.  Disable Firefox password manager. 
Clean uninstall / install Norton 360.  Just add Norton Password Manager in Firefox (default).  Test. 

Note: I'm always Windows Admin user account.  

Kudos0

My Norton (standard, not classic view) also shows a "Feature Setup" Icon which shows "4/5". Pressing that button shows that the only "feature" greyed-out is "Password Manager".

fwiw ~ on my machine Password Manager greyed-out =
Norton Password Manager disabled in Chrome (default). 

Norton Password Manager enabled in Chrome (default). 

Kudos0

as test: Firefox (default) + Norton Password Manager enabled. 

Access Vault calls Firefox - Norton Password Manager - Unlock your vault. 

Note: 'Unlock your vault' because NPM retains Sign In. 

Kudos0

Note: from Windows Admin user account.  

1) Norton Remove and Reinstall tool > Advanced Options > Remove Only
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-download-install/current/solutions/v60392881

2) clear out Norton remnants before re-installing Norton 360
Please review: https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8363501#comment-8363501

3) Download and install your Norton device security
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-download-install/current/solutions/kb20090708112600EN

4) after Norton 360 install > run Norton LiveUpdate a few times + machine Restart (not Shut down) a few times. Repeat.  Norton 360 = v22.23.10.10 (at this time)

5) Review Norton Settings to your preference.  Create Backup Sets to your preference. 

6) run Norton 360 Full Scan (once)

7) run Norton LiveUpdate + machine Restart (not Shut down)

Note: Norton browser extensions are separate installs. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.