Solved.
Kudos0

Adding an iphone to my subscription.

How to download Norton protection on my cell. I already have an exiting acct. going back several year but app is trying to install like I am a new client. What to do?

Solución aceptada
Kudos2 Estadisticas

Re: Adding an iphone to my subscription.

Tap on Redeem a Subscription and you will be taken to a page to choose what kind of subscription you have. If you already have a subscription you choose Sign in with Norton Account.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Norton 360 for PC/Mac subscription?
Product key in a Norton account? 
Subscription from Apple App Store?

Download and install your Norton device security

View detailed steps

• Download and Install Norton device security on Windows ›
  • Download and Install Norton device security on Mac ›
  • Install Norton device security on Android ›
  • Install Norton device security on iPhone or iPad ›

VIDEO

NEED MORE HELP?

• Fix problems downloading your Norton product
  • Fix incorrect subscription days displayed in Norton
  • Transfer your protection from one device to another device
  • Extend your protection to your other devices

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-download-install/current/solutions/kb20090708112600EN

Kudos1 Estadisticas

Install Norton device security on iPhone or iPad ›

1. On your iOS device, launch the Apple App Store app, and search for Norton 360 app.

2. On the Norton 360 app screen, tap GET or download icon 
  3. When the installation finishes, tap Open.

4. Read and accept the License and Services Agreement, acknowledge our Global Privacy Statement, and then tap Sign in.

5. Type your Norton account email address and password, and then tap Sign In.

Install Norton device security on iPhone or iPad

https://youtu.be/TZmBys2Dh-k

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-download-install/current/solutions/kb20090708112600EN 

Kudos0

Thank you for your response. After downloading and opening the app I do not get an opportunity to "agree" to anything or "sign in". All the option I get is to "activate free trial" and "redeem a subscription".

Thanks

Kudos0

Yes to running Norton 360 PC.

Yes to having product key in Norton account.

Running iOS.

Purchased from Norton website.

Solución aceptada
Kudos2 Estadisticas

Tap on Redeem a Subscription and you will be taken to a page to choose what kind of subscription you have. If you already have a subscription you choose Sign in with Norton Account.

Kudos0

Okay, that got me to a screen that notes "security" "Attention Required". When selecting that note it carries me to some features that need to be set up and the account notes subscription is "active" and I notice in "Add Device"  one has been used from the available that was 2 available to now 1 available so from that it must be ready to go.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this issue,

Russell

Kudos0

Well I just thought I was ready with my iphone. Everything seems to be all set up but I cannot see how to start a scan. I know this is common knowledge to most all of this communities members but I'm not at all Norton knowledgeable as you can see. Patience please.

Russell

Kudos1 Estadisticas

There is no malware protection in Norton 360 on an iOS device. That is why you cannot find any scan feature. See this article from howtogeek . com for an explanation of why it is not necessary.

https://www.howtogeek.com/352613/what%E2%80%99s-the-best-antivirus-for-iphone-none/

Kudos0

Well I see I went through all that grief for nothing. Is there a way to get it off other than just deleting the app? I'm sure there are files that need to be removed. How about deleting the VPN in settings VPN configurations page?

Kudos1 Estadisticas

If you use the phone for any internet surfing, there is still protection in 360 for your web connections. There is a Safe Web feature that works like its PC counterpart. It will block access to dangerous web sites. Also the VPN feature helps protect you if you connect to free unprotected wifi connections, such as at coffee shops etc. It also notifies you when there are updates to the iOS on your phone.

If you still decide you want to remove 360 all you do is delete the app. That will remove all app data that Norton stored on your device. The VPN settings will also be removed as part of the uninstall. You don't need to do anything special.

Kudos0

Thanks for the information. With that in mind I will benefit from keeping it on my phone.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.