• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Minimize Norton Toolbar

I tried the minimize on the Norton Toolbar menu and I still saw a toolbar, but without text labels.  Is this what the minimize function does?  Does the minimize affect security in any way?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Minimize Norton Toolbar

I tried the minimize on the Norton Toolbar menu and I still saw a toolbar, but without text labels.  Is this what the minimize function does?  Does the minimize affect security in any way?
Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Hi a123, I copied the following from the Norton Help Center (you can access Norton Help Center by opening your Norton product, going to "Help & Support" and to "Help"):

Minimize Toolbar

Lets you minimize the Norton Toolbar

When you check this option, the Cards & Logins phrase disappears and only the Cards & Logins indicator remains. Also, the size of the Norton Safe Search box is reduced.

Note: The Minimize Toolbar option appears only in the Internet Explorer browser.

In other words, the minimizing option only reduces the size of the toolbar, but not the security. The security provided by the Norton Toolbar remains on. 

Message Edited by Yaso_Kuuhl on 12-21-2009 09:20 PM
Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos2 Stats

Hello a123,

If you are looking to gain screen "real estate" by hiding the Norton Toolbar in IE8:

Right click on the Norton Toolbar and uncheck "Norton Toolbar". You will be presented with the "Disable Add-on" window which lists "Related add-ons that will also be disabled".

Uncheck those items, then click disable. 

The Norton Toolbar will no longer be visible, but you will still have the protection and functionality of the add-ons (minus the icons for Site Safety and Cards & Log-ins).

The Norton Toolbar can be re-enabled at any time you desire.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Thanks for your answer and I did check in help before posting my ?, but missed the information somehow.  After reading your answer, I checked again and see the answer in help this time.  Thanks again.
Kudos0

Thanks for your answer.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.