• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

CHANGING FROM A PC TO A MAC

I will be changing my computer from a pc to a Mac. My Norton Internet Security for the pc still has some time to run before it expires. Is it possible to change my NIS to a Mac version without losing my remaining protection, or do I have to subscribe to a Mac version and lost my remaining time with the pc version.

Respuestas

Kudos2 Stats

Re: CHANGING FROM A PC TO A MAC

Hi BilloG,

SInce this is a user to user forum, I don't think any of us can provide an answer to this question.  It would be best to contact Symantec Customer Support about this.  Online Chat is the easiest method to use for this.

http://us.norton.com/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

Kudos0

Bill,

Note also that we do have a Forum here for the Mac product:

Norton for Mac 

Hugh
Kudos0

There's no way I'm aware of to transfer PC subscription time to the Mac product, they use different subscription models currently.  You may want to try Customer Support, perhaps there's some way to get credit towards a future renewal (but I can't say I've ever heard of that).

Kudos0

OK, thanks. Looks like it's best to contact symantec direct.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I contacted the online chat as advised. They were very helpful. I should have mentioned that my current subscription is up for renewal this month and I was going to purchase a Mac in August, so that's why I was concerned about forfeiting about 10 months subscription when I switch from a pc version of NIS to a Mac version. What they have done is extend my current subscription for 45 days. I now have a total of 64 days remaining on this subscription, this will be long enough for me to purchase my Mac and new version of NIS without forfeiting too much time (if any) on my pc version of NIS. Problem Solved and a very good outcome. I'm more than happy with that.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.