• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Connect - Login Failed

I do not see a forum for Norton Connect, but hopefully someone here can help since it access the online backup.

The program will not allow me to log in to my Norton account. I can access it from the PC and from the browser on my phone, but the app itself will not login. I get a Login Failed error. I also noticed that several people had reported the same issue on the Android Marketplace review for COnnect lately.

I am using a Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) running version 2.2.2

Any ideas?

Corey

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Connect - Login Failed

Hello cohbraz,

First I wanted to thank you for your patience in awaiting a response. Our engineering team has been investigating the issue you've described. It looks like we may have identified the root cause of the login problem. We're in processing of putting corrective action in place however it will take a little bit of time so we can ensure it does indeed rectify the matter. As soon as I have verification its in place I'll post back here and let you know.

Also if you do have any suggestions you'd like to see for Connect please contact me private message. We're always interested in hearing customer input.

Kudos0

Thank you very much!

Corey
Kudos0

This may be a bigger problem than Symantec realizes. Why would Norton Connect be available on the Android Market if, in fact, it doesn't "Connect" at all? Neither the home screen logon option connects or the logon/account verify option via the menu/settings options which is the recommended logon page per the Norton Connect Help tutorial (why are there two logon choices?).

I assume that the mobile Connect User e-mail/User Password requested are the same as what's used to sign into the main online Norton User profile page. Attempting to make this app actionable sends you through a labrynth of online and mobile hurdles beginning with Norton Management/Manage Devices to Norton Backup (nobu.backup.com) to the mobile Norton Connect logon options. Is there another subscription or app necessary to have installed on the PDA (ie. Android 2) such as Norton Utilities or Norton Mobile Security Lite that isn't obvious from the instructions?

Kudos0

Hello illumen8,

Although a valid point I also need to point out Norton Connect is still labeled as a beta product. Specifically for reasons such as this one. The last update I've received from our engineering team is they are still working on the fix. We've found its not affecting every Android device so tracking the source as not as easy as initially thought.

The test credentials option you've referenced is to verify if the settings you've entered do login in the event you opt to have the phone remember your login details. All it does is a validation You don't have to fill it in under settings to login though.

We're also looking at making improvements to the Connect app. If you have specific suggestions please send them to me via private message and I can get them up to development.

Kudos0

Hello All

I've posted an update to this topic available at this link. It's also a sticky message on the top of the Norton Online Backup forum.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.