• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Backing up my backup images on Blu-ray disc

I have a total of five backup images on my second internal drive inside my computer. Backup Image #1, Backup Image #2, Backup Image #3 etc. and so forth. Now that I have a Blu-ray burner I was thinking of backing up those backup images to disc.

When I look in my Computer Backup Images folder on my internal drive there is a Symantec Recovery Environment File called Micron, and then there is also a DAT File. Plus there are two files for each image. One deals with the System Reserved and the other just an image file:

Micron_C_Drive001

Micron_SystemReserved0-1_Drive001

Two 25GB discs should be able to store all this stuff. But what specifically do I include on each disc? Like say I decide to put the first two backup images on a disc. Do I include this?

MICRON

Micron_C_Drive001

Micron_C_Drive002

Micron_SystemReserved0-2_Drive002

RPAM_Store.dat

I mean I will need to know if I need to include the DAT file and the Recovery Environment file in addition to the actual backup image file itself.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Backing up my backup images on Blu-ray disc

I have a total of five backup images on my second internal drive inside my computer. Backup Image #1, Backup Image #2, Backup Image #3 etc. and so forth. Now that I have a Blu-ray burner I was thinking of backing up those backup images to disc.

When I look in my Computer Backup Images folder on my internal drive there is a Symantec Recovery Environment File called Micron, and then there is also a DAT File. Plus there are two files for each image. One deals with the System Reserved and the other just an image file:

Micron_C_Drive001

Two 25GB discs should be able to store all this stuff. But what specifically do I include on each disc? Like say I decide to put the first two backup images on a disc. Do I include this?

MICRON

Micron_C_Drive001

Micron_C_Drive002

RPAM_Store.dat

I mean I will need to know if I need to include the DAT file and the Recovery Environment file in addition to the actual backup image file itself.

Kudos0

Micron is the name of your computer, Ghost uses the computer name in all the files made.

Your not showing the extentions of the files, the first one "Micron" is actually Micron.sv2i and it is unnecessary for you to backup.

So is the .dat file.

You just want to backup the image files, the very last part "Drive001" or "Drive002" tell you the files are part of the first or second image set.

So you should burn these two files to one disk and it will be a complete set:

Micron_C_Drive001

Then put these 2 files on the second disc:

Micron_C_Drive002

But don't ever rely on optical media alone because they are unreliable.  Only use them for a second copy so you have redundancy.

You also may want to look into using a removable hard drive instead of burning blueray disks.  It would be eaiser, faster, and less expensive over the long run.

Dave

Kudos0

I already have my Image Files on two mechanical drives, so for me to put them also on some Blu-ray discs would just be extra backup.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.