• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

1 issue here

now i am using NIS 2009 trial cause my norton 360 ran out of subscription...and ...i had the same problem with both...i did a scan..it says 2 tracking cookie detected....but it shows only 1......if it says 5 then it shows only 4..always 1 less...have any one had this problem

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: 1 issue here

now i am using NIS 2009 trial cause my norton 360 ran out of subscription...and ...i had the same problem with both...i did a scan..it says 2 tracking cookie detected....but it shows only 1......if it says 5 then it shows only 4..always 1 less...have any one had this problem

Kudos0

Tracking cookies are nothing to worry about. Are the cookies from the same site? If you simply use CCleaner before running a scan then you will not have this problem. or just empty your borwser also before scanning.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Real Time Protection = NIS 2009 + NATBehavior Analysis = ThreatfireOn Demand = MBAM
Kudos0

Dieselman743 wrote:

Tracking cookies are nothing to worry about. Are the cookies from the same site? If you simply use CCleaner before running a scan then you will not have this problem. or just empty your borwser also before scanning.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Correct. Cookies are harmless. Ccleaner will take care of them
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Does CCCleaner automatically remove them or must you "run" the program?
Kudos0

Hi NY1986,

CCleaner is not an active background program and will not automatically remove cookies.

You must run the program and select the various types of items you want removed.

But as the subject of many posts, cookies are not something to panic over.

Hope that helps.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Thanks Phil. I had posted earlier that I run a quick scan after most web browsing sessions to get rid of tracking cookies. If you have to run CCCleaner anyway, then my method of doing a NAV2008 quick scan should be just as good.
Kudos0

That is correct; you can let Norton handle it.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Sorry Phil but you do not need to configure CCleaner. Its Automatically configured on install. Just click "run cleaner" and in 5 secs your temp files,history and cookies are gone. Many more feature also.
Real Time Protection = NIS 2009 + NATBehavior Analysis = ThreatfireOn Demand = MBAM
Kudos1 Stats

Dieselman,

I am quite familiar with CCleaner.

NY1986 was asking about removing cookies.

If NY1986 does not want to erase history or other items, then configuration is required.

Kudos0

They could have been already resolved.
=\

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.