• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Online Backup Error

I keep getting either W8 or A221 errors. My latest incident is  where the backup starts and then stops after scanning a few files. What are these errors and how do I solve these problems? I have tried turning off and re-starting my PC and doing a complete virus scan as well but I keep getting these errors.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Online Backup Error

I have been working most of the day on this issue.  It started with a A2221 backup failed.  I have tried closing all programs repeating multiple times and anything else I could think of.  The error is not documented which does not help.  I have been on the CHAT line for about an hour waiting and just received a message I was being transferred to the appropriate group and I was back in the cue (queue).  Support has been terrible and as a long time user of Norton products I do not remember it being this bad.

Kudos0

Now receiving error A2203.  I noticied an earlier message regarding this error by doggie and a reply question from Tech support but no solution that I could find.  Well, in my second cue and guess I will send out for a Pizza while I continue to wait.  Very unhappy user with Norton support.

Kudos0

I am a very unhappy user of Norton Online Backup too. I am still getting W8 errors and as you have said the error ( as well as A2221)  is undocumented so it makes it really frustrating. To- date,I have tried turning off and re-starting my PC numerous times and closing all windows; I have done a disk cleanup numerous times too and cleared all my browsing history, cookies etc; I have done the Norton 360 security scan numerous times as well as the Norton Eraser; I have ensured that my Windows system is updated and I have deleted ( my husband's suggestion; not sure how it would affect the backup but what the heck did that too!) quite a lot of my desktop icons.  I have used 45% of my 75 GB storage to -date,so I defintely have storage space. I do not know what else to do and it is really irritating me! I am really wondering whether it is worth paying so much for the Norton Backup

Kudos0

Hello

The W8 error is a Windows error indicating there is insufficient system resources to complete the backup. Likely the result of too many open applications. I'd suggest giving the system a restart and then starting a manual backup to see if the error persists. If it does then a session with support may be necessary to further diagnose the matter.

The 2221 error is file not found on openthefile. In English that means there was a file selected for backup at one point. It was deleted mid-backup recently and now the backup job is still trying to locate it. That's resulting in that error preventing it from completing correctly.

The 2203 error is a MD5 validation error. The error correction in the client is failing so it is preventing any possible damaged data from being uploaded.

The last two are all indicative of a problem with the specific set and may require purging it. Once its done start with a clean set. Also take note if you're using Norton 360 it has its own backup built in. It's separate from Norton Online Backup feature wise but does share space between the two products.

Kudos0

Hello

After some checking it appears what normally may be issues locally occurring may be the result of another issue. I have our engineering team investigating the matter. Please let me know if anyone else is encountering the issues so we can have further data points to help troubleshoot.

Kudos0

Any news on this issue?  It seems the best solution is to turn off backup and deinstall then purchase another service from Dell or ??  Norton needs to refund my subscription fee.

Kudos0

That's a bit premature when you just posted about the issue. There are going to be technical issues that surface with any online backup service. 

I do have some info though. Engineering has identified a possible root cause and is in process of deploying corrective action. We should see the impact of that start rolling out starting today. It will start fading into memory over the next couple of days. 

Kudos0

I am still having issues.  The backup is trying to run now.  It says "Awaiting agent backup".  It has been saying the for two plus hours.  It appears to not doing anything.  What do I do now?  My system has not been backup us since 02/12/2013. 

Kudos0

That's entirely different from the other error. That message means its not communicating at all with the backend so it is not seeing the computer as online. What's it show in the web login next to that specific computer?

Kudos0

In regards to the topic that this message thread was started on: the issue has been fully corrected. The reported errors should be no more and everything working normally again.

Kudos0

The compute has a red box with a white "x" in it.  By that is says "Last backup 02/12/2013 06:28:43 P.M. 947 Files/95.75 MB.

on the right of the page it has Backup in Progress.  Some squares indicating that something is happening.  Below that it says

"Awaiting agent backup.

Kudos0

I responded to your request for information on my on 02/20/13.  Have you any information for me?  Does anyone have any information this issue?  I NEED ASSISTANCE!  The backup has not run successfully since 02/12/13.

Kudos0

I've received no messages from you. If you need urgent assistance the forums are not the best place. Please head to www.norton.com/chat so an agent can diagnose and review the issue or send me your info via private message. 

Kudos0

In your response at 02-20-2013 12:26, you ask for some information from me.  You sent another response at 02-20-2013 12:38. 

I sent the requested information from  your 1st response at 02-20-2013 01:36. Since your second response came before I sent my message, I guess you didn't see it.  I will pursue my current issue in the manner you suggested in your latest message.  Thanks and have a great day.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.