• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Two PCs different passwords for same login from supposedly the same vault in the cloud?

NIS 21.3.0.12 on both PCs

I'm not sure how this is even possible, but I was showing two completely different passwords for the same login on two different PCs at the same time, logged into the same account and vault location. Anyone have a clue how that is even possible?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Two PCs different passwords for same login from supposedly the same vault in the cloud?

Try closing the vaults on both computers. Then log into the vaults again. This should sync any local cached info on both computers.

This will also confirm that you are logging into the same online vault.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Re: Two PCs different passwords for same login from supposedly the same vault in the cloud?

If anyone stumbles upon this thread I finally have a cause/fix for this problem (at least in my case). Apparently local Identity Safe does not sync with the cloud servers if your NIS (and I assume Norton 360) is not current on all available updates. To make sure everything is "hunky dory" you need to run live update until it tells you there are no more updates available. I don't know if there is anything else required to make Identity Safe sync then, but I suggest rebooting and logging back into Identity Safe just to be sure. Also I'm guessing the best bet is to do the same to any other PCs or devices sharing your Identity Safe Cloud data.

Kudos0

Bad news sewing1243 - the Local Vault and the Online Vault never sync - if you change on the other will never be updated (synced) automatically - regardless of if the Norton product is current on updates or not.

The only way to make the Online Vault the same as the Local Vault or vice-versa is to Export the ID Safe Data from one and Import it into the other and then very carefully using the merge or replace function.

Sorry if I may be misreading what you are saying, as the Online Vault should sync between systems, but never with a Local Vault.

Kudos0

As far as I know there is no local vault avaliable in Identity Safe anymore (or if there is one changing to it is very difficult). What there is now is local caching of your data and if your PC is not "synced" with the Identity Safe cloud and NIS/360 update servers then Identity Safe uses the local cache for storing and using your stored passwords.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi sewinig1243,

I agree with you now that I know you are referring to the "local cache" of the online vault and not the actual Local Vault (that some of us user still have). 

I well remember the thread started by @AllenM   and you participated in that touched on the local cache.  AllenM did a long drawn out, complicated test with Norton and that is why I flaged him above in hopes that he sees this post and may care to comment on your findings as he is much more intimate with his testing than I am.

There is also another post by AllenM referring to "local cache" here.

Thanks for the feedback and as I said, sorry if I confused matters.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi sewinig1243,

I remember you from the thread Yank referenced.

I have not seen any issues in this area with syncing of data between the local cache and the online ID Safe in quite some time.

I will do some more explicit testing this weekend and let you know if I am able to reproduce any problems or not.

Best wishes,

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.