• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Mobile Identity Safe - iPhone & iPad

The latest version of the app on both iPad and iPhone frequently closes immediately after what appears to be a successful login. The vault password is entered and the list of logins, favorites, etc is shown. Favorites or Logins is selected and the logins within the category are shown. An item is selected and then the vault is closed unexpectedly with the message  Incorrect  Password.  The same password is reentered and the vault reopens. When this happens, it usually takes longer to open the vault - 10 seconds +/- the second time. This issue occurred on the prior version of the product. It does not happen all of the time.

I have attached a screen shot after the vault closes unexpectedly.

This is a great product except for this frustrating issue! 

Please help!

File Attachment: 

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Mobile Identity Safe - iPhone & iPad

The latest version of the app on both iPad and iPhone frequently closes immediately after what appears to be a successful login. The vault password is entered and the list of logins, favorites, etc is shown. Favorites or Logins is selected and the logins within the category are shown. An item is selected and then the vault is closed unexpectedly with the message  Incorrect  Password.  The same password is reentered and the vault reopens. When this happens, it usually takes longer to open the vault - 10 seconds +/- the second time. This issue occurred on the prior version of the product. It does not happen all of the time.

I have attached a screen shot after the vault closes unexpectedly.

This is a great product except for this frustrating issue! 

Please help!

Kudos0

This was reported already here.

No updates yet on a fix.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Check your version of ID Safe. There was an update released recently and the user in the thread I noted above seems to no longer have the issue.

See the update notice here.

Kudos0

Thanks.  Problem has not occurred for several days on either iPhone or iPad.  it "feels" like somethng has changed on the back-end - "Open Vault" process takes slightly longer than before.  No changes to either app on my end.  Thanks again. 

Kudos0

That is good to hear.

The apps do update themselves in the background. This may have fixed things for you.

Kudos0

peterweb wrote:

That is good to hear.

The apps do update themselves in the background. This may have fixed things for you.

Apps on Android have the option of auto update or not.  If the same is true on iDevices then they may not update in the background.

Mike
Kudos0

iOS has the option. I have it set to not auto update so I control when it happens. As fat as I recall, I have not updated the app on either device since reporting the problem. But all seems fine at this point which makes me think something was corrected at the server end. Thanks all!
Kudos0

Hi,

I would love to know a few things:

The build number you are running-- settings/help/about

Your OID--settings/troubleshooting

Your MID--settings/troubleshooting

Your Norton Account email address-- as you log into your vault it should say at the bottom who you are signed in as. 

You can private message me these things if you would please.

Software doesn't mysteriously fix itself-- well, at least not usually.  There were several changes recently on the backend that happened on the cloud platform.  Not the software per se.   I'd like to try and get some logs from the backend if it is not too late.

Thank you,

RDLeo

Norton IDSafe Program Management

Kudos0

Great!

[Info sent to RDLeo and removed from post]

Kudos0

Curious if you were able to determine anything with the logs I sent. Also, the problem seems to be back, although not as frequently. Also, I no longer receive the Red screen indicating invalid password - the app just sends me back to the "Open Vault" screen. Usually after I login successfully and access my "Favorites".

Thanks,

Bill Oakley