• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2009 & Antibot on Vista 64-bit

Hi all.

Just built a new pc and did a clean install of Vista Home Premium 64-bit.  I was very happy with NIS2009 on my previous pc (Vista 32-bit) so installed it straight away.  I realise some protection components don't work on 64-bit (including Sonar) so I've installed Antibot to compliment it.  A couple of issues I'd like some advice/help with though:-

1) Antibot version is 1.1.838 (config version 228) - when I check for updates it says "Time to update your 2.0 GA".  It then proceeds to download the update but after a few minutes I get the message "Norton Antibot was unable to download the update".  It's done this ever since I installed it a couple of days ago - any help would be good.

2) Was just browsing with IE7 and I got an error message saying that DEP had shut down Norton Service Framework.  NIS2009 icon then disappeared from the tray - a reboot has fixed it..  I didn't get any error messages when I was running it on 32-bit.  Not sure if this is a one off glitch or if others have experienced anything similar and any workarounds.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Many thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2009 & Antibot on Vista 64-bit

If you do a search under Antibot on this board you will note several problems with conflicts.  Check the other posts to see if there was a solution that might work with your particular OS.
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.