• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

VPN not starting after reboot

HI all, has anyone had an issue with the VPN shutting off after a restart?  I start it every time I turn the laptop on, this is so annoying.  It is not a problem on any other device so I'm thinking there's a conflict somewhere, or maybe a virus. I've recently done the Windows 10 upgrade (what a disaster that was).

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: VPN not starting after reboot

Canopus:

FWIW, I had the same problem with Norton Secure VPN (standalone) not starting automatically, despite having the setting “Activate at Startup” enabled in the program GUI.... After changing it to the valid path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Secure VPN\client\Norton Secure VPN.exe startup” everything worked as expected.

dpic44:
Hi @lmacri, thank you for letting me know, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. The VPN on my Windows 7 PC works intermittently and it doesn't work on my Windows 10 laptop at all....

Hi dpic44:

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry to hear the latest Norton Secure VPN v2.3.0.549 for Windows hasn't fixed the VPN errors in your "new" Norton 360 beta.  I hope someone from Norton is monitoring this thread and has made a note of your comments.

Keep in mind that the change log <here> for Norton Secure VPN v2.3.0.549 for Windows notes that "This update is NOT available for customers running Norton Secure VPN 1.7 Standalone Version".  I don't know how much overlap there is between the beta version of Norton Secure VPN v2.3 for Windows that's bundled inside your "new" Norton 360 versus Canopus' standalone Norton Secure VPN v1.7 (previously named Norton WiFi Privacy) but you might find that the file paths and registry entries for the two products don't always match.
----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.1.8

Remerciements0

Re: VPN not starting after reboot

Hi dpic:

Just an FYI that Norton employee Gayathri_R's 19-Dec-2018 announcement Have you seen new offerings on Norton.com? It’s a beta test! was updated on 16-Apr-2019 and now states that the "new" Norton 360 with Norton Secure VPN is now out of beta and available to all U.S. customers:

----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.