• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements1 Stats

Windows 10 support

Please release an update quickly to fix compatibility issues with windows 10. it says it wont install it under compatibility. so please add support for windows 10.

Thématiques: Win10 popup

Réponses

Remerciements2 Stats

Re: Windows 10 support

It's not usual for Norton to issue updates until a Release to Manufacturer version of Windows is made ....

And I would anticipate even more so with the Windows 10 Tech Preview since Microsoft warn it is incomplete without all it's features and functions.

I hope you are not thinking of installing Windows 10 in place of Windows 8.1 or earlier versions ....... If you have already done so without making a recovery image of your hard drive you are in for trouble since it can't be removed and I understand it deletes any Restore to Factory Condition partition that may be on your PC. Nor are you likely to be able to install the RTM version on top of the Preview .....

Hugh
Remerciements0

From what I have read for the anticipated release of Windows 10 RTM, Norton will not need to support the OS until about mid-2015.

Remerciements0

Well I was trying to install it on a different partition but it installed it on my main partition. but even though it is a preview of windows 10 it is made for developer to release updates to support for windows 10. windows release to manufacture is for company's supplying laptops and anything that they install windows on. Norton would not get one because it is a developer not a supplier of laptops.

Remerciements3 Stats

Developing the software to work with Windows 10, and providing it for public use are two entirely different things.  Symantec's goal will be to have a compatible product ready for the final release version of Windows 10.  I'm sure when they have a product ready for testing, you will have the opportunity to give it a trial run.

Remerciements1 Stats

It's a waste of time to try to get software compatible with Windows 10 at this point because this early in the game there will be lots of changes.  It's not until late in the beta that features start getting locked down.

Dave

Remerciements0

You have to remember that a Tech Preview is even before the Beta level of product. This first release is what security vendors and other program developers get to start developing for the new OS.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

That's understandable but in the meanwhile what do we do to get protected since when I try to install my paid subscription it refuses to do so because of imcompatibility.

Remerciements0

uncle bill wrote:

That's understandable but in the meanwhile what do we do to get protected since when I try to install my paid subscription it refuses to do so because of imcompatibility.

I recommend you just use the built in Windows Defender in Win10 TP. I too do this, and although it is noticeably slower than NS / NIS, it still provides some kind of protection.

Also it is a full AV + Firewall since Win8.0 and not just an anti-spyware software as it was in the WinVista and Win7 days.

Remerciements0

I tried your suggestion and it seems to work ok.

Thanks

Remerciements0

Ideally, if you are testing very early release software, you are using a dedicated test system.

If you are using a daily use computer (not recommended), you need to make sure you have a reliable backup/image solution in place.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

Since Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 to everybody and anybody, it would behoove Norton to be ahead of the curve and at least two other major AV packages work fine with 10.  For the time being, I'm using the built in Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes Premium but I'll try one of the others if Norton doesn't get something out in the near future.   

Remerciements0

Since Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 to everybody and anybody,

Microsoft have not released Window 10 to anybody. They have released an incomplete preview without functions that may be present in the released version. Usually they release beta test versions which partners like Norton can then begin to work on for compatibility but I don't even know what they are doing about that; then in the past they released public betas and then ......

So there's a long way to go and Microsoft did warn people not to treat this as a usable operating system ......

I hope you read the warnings they give; if not you are in trouble if you installed the Preview as a replacement for the Windows you have. 

Hugh
Remerciements0

Symantec can and should release a compatibilty patch or version for users to test on the Windows 10 technical preview.

This would be relatively easy for Symantec and would provide them with valuable feedback to prepare for the final Windows 10 product.

Remerciements0

See my earlier message ....

This would be relatively easy for Symantec .......

In my experience anyone who says that does not know what it is like to change a complex program, let alone on a moving target. 

Since you are new here study the messages every time Firefox makes a change .... and that is with high level behind the scene contact between the two teams of developers long before we get the changed Firefox.

Hugh
Remerciements0

They should not release any thing and don't have to. Windows 10 tech preview is alpha. It is not even in the beta stage. Tons of stuff can change before retail release and it would be stupid to develop for right now.
Remerciements0

Just for the record, I've been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Advanced SystemCare on the current Windows 10 TP. If Norton comes out with a compatible version, I'll start using that.

Remerciements0

It seems there latest update to Norton security has added support for windows 10 because I managed to install it today.

Remerciements0

thomasmulhall:

It seems there latest update to Norton security has added support for windows 10 because I managed to install it today.

Did you have a Trail version or did you activate with a key?

I installed it also and it said my Trial had expired and I am saving my key for later as it has not been used yet and did not want to waste it on testing.

Jim

Remerciements0

No I downloaded full version from Norton I activated it. even if you activate it you can remove it from your devices on my Norton.

Remerciements0

My problem is I have not used my new NS key yet and if I use it on Windows 10 for testing then the clock starts on that key. I plan to upgrade later this year from NIS on all my systems and then I will have enough seats to do testing.

Jim

Remerciements0

thomasmulhall:

No I downloaded full version from Norton I activated it. even if you activate it you can remove it from your devices on my Norton.

Removing it from My Norton or Uninstalling it directly does not stop the clock once you have activated any one installation ... the clock runs for all licensed copies -- 5 or 10 as the case may be.

Hugh
Remerciements1 Stats

As with testing versions of Operating Systems, you are in fact just testing a product before a retail release version. If you want Norton on your Windows 10, then become a beta tester for Norton as well. That what I did back when I was testing Windows Vista till now. I get both versions from their respective companies and I can test my OS while getting the security features that I love from Norton!

Remerciements0

I have the very latest version of Norton 360 Premier but when I run the Windows 10 compatibility check, it still says that's a problem.  There was another thread that said this was resolved with the latest version but I cannot find it again.

Remerciements0

Hello

There have been no updates for support for Windows 10 yet. The Windows 10 compatibility is still in Beta. If you have 21.7.0.11, then you have the latest version for that product.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.20.2.57 Core Firmware 301 Android App 2.23 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Remerciements0

Still incompatible. WT.... ?

Remerciements0

Please Symantec, when can we expect a fix? Windows 10 is no longer in Beta and I would really lik to use my N360.

Remerciements0

XtremeYouZer:

Please Symantec, when can we expect a fix? Windows 10 is no longer in Beta and I would really lik to use my N360.

Have you read the blue banner at the top of the page?  Clicked on the link? Checked and done what it suggests? 

If so and no success then please say what version of Windows you are using (we don't want to assume it's the retail release version of Windows 10, and what the version ID of your Norton 360 is (Help / About)

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.