• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Please Help - Rogue Security Software

Please Help,

I have Norton Internet Security 2007 but it has expired and hasnot been updated.

i accidentally downloaded "System Guard 2009" and don't know how to remove it (i have even heard that i might have to erase the whole computer and then reinstall everything again)

I've heard that there may be a tool to remove it .  do you have one?

Sincerely Buttons11

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Please Help - Rogue Security Software

Please Help,

I have Norton Internet Security 2007 but it has expired and hasnot been updated.

i accidentally downloaded "System Guard 2009" and don't know how to remove it (i have even heard that i might have to erase the whole computer and then reinstall everything again)

I've heard that there may be a tool to remove it .  do you have one?

Sincerely Buttons11

Remerciements0

buttons11,

Welcome to the forum!  Sorry to hear about the expired product; the newest versions of NIS2009 and NAV2009 could have stopped this from happening.

Norton does not have a tool per se for "System Gaurd 2009" but you can try SUPERAntiSpyware from here .  Download the free version and install it.  Then update the definitions for SAS.  I would boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 key while powering up your system and choose Safe Mode (no networking or command prompt) and run SAS.  Be sure to have SAS fix what it finds (follow the directions on SAS).  Hope everything works out for you. 

Come back if you need any help.

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Remerciements0

Try malwarebytes its faster than SAS

Download malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/  and install it and update it

Do a quick scan and remove the infections, reboot

if u like do scans from both, 95% of rogue softwares get removed by them, so try them. 

----------------------------------------------------------------NIS 2011 beta 18.0.0.107 Win 7 7600 RTM 32-bit
Remerciements1 Stats

I would suggest Upgrading to N.I.S. 2009 first before you start. 

Please follow these Removal Instructions for SystemGuard2009: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2009-031311-4206-99&tabid=3.

If the Removal Instructions do not Remove the Threat, please follow these instructions exactly; do not take any shortcuts.

01. Download and Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

02. Update the Product and Norton.

03. Please Dis-Connect from the Internet and do not re-connect until told to do so.

04. Re-Start in to Safe Mode.

05. Sign In to the Administrator Account.

06. Do a Full Scan of ALL Drivers with Malwarebytes' and Norton.

07. Still in Safe Mode, re-start to your Account.

08. Do a Full Scan of ALL Drivers with Malwarebytes' and Norton.

09. Re-Start in to Normal Mode.

10. Do a Full Scan of ALL Drivers with Malwarebytes' and Norton.

11. Re-connect and Report Back here with your Scans' Results.

12. Please repeat these instructions at least three times a week for the next two weeks to make sure the Threat is Completely Removed; very important you do this.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for Windows: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=contentBody;mostPopTwoColWrap.

How to Start Your Computer in Safe Mode: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam.

[Edit: Added More Information and Modification]

Message Edited by Floating_Red on 04-21-2009 11:48 PMMessage Edited by Floating_Red on 04-21-2009 11:55 PMMessage Edited by Floating_Red on 04-21-2009 11:58 PMMessage Edited by Floating_Red on 04-22-2009 12:16 AM
Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Remerciements1 Stats

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/support/special/upgrade2007/vista/select_product.jsp?site=nuc

Upgrading instructions for Norton 2006 Products and Later:

01. Select your Product and Version, from the Web Link (above).

02. Save the Download on your Desktop.

03. Save your Product Key (www.mynortonaccount.com; http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/custserv.nsf/docid/20020610105504925?Open&src=symsug).

04. Dis-connect from the Internet.

05. Go to Add/Remove.

06. Locate "Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation)" and click on "Remove".

07. Follow the instrctions and, when asked to, re-start your computer.

08. Locate to Add/Remove upon start-up.

09. Click on LiveUpdate and "Remove" and any other LiveUpdate.

10. If requested, re-start your computer.

11. Double-click on the Saved N.I.S./N.AV. File on your Desktop.

12. Follow the instructions.

13. Open Norton Internet Security or Norton AntiVirus and "Run [Norton] LiveUpdate" manually.

14. It is now Safe to Connect to the Internet again.

15. If you notice things not running right with N.I.S. 2009/N.AV. 2009, it may be a bug; please Post them here [in the Forum].

16. If you have Other Norton Products, then you can re-install LiveUpdate, or, if you have Used the N.R.T., you can re-install your Other Norton Product(s); if you do not have the Disc, then you can re-download it via the Trailware. Norton SystemWorks users have had a "Patch" Released so that Updates are received through Norton LiveUpdate, i.e. your Norton Internet Security 2009 Product.

17. If you have problems un-installing/installing, then use the Norton Removal Tool.

This is a free Upgrade which will use your Current Subscription for the Remaining Days left on the Subscription.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Remerciements1 Stats

The poster advises that the 2007 version has expired.  It is my understanding that there is no antivirus software on the machine that is functioning at the moment.  A purchase of the new version will be necessary.
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Remerciements1 Stats

delphinium wrote:
The poster advises that the 2007 version has expired.  It is my understanding that there is no antivirus software on the machine that is functioning at the moment.  A purchase of the new version will be necessary.

Agreed.

And, I would highly recommend the complete removal of this malware before attempting an installation of NIS.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Remerciements0

Kind of the unstated point I was making; don't need to have a mangled software install on top of the infection; then we're fighting two problems at the same time.  I figured the best approach was to try and get the system clean first and then recommend methods to stay clean (which would include Norton AV / IS / 360 current products).
Remerciements0

Hello again,

It looks like you have found the solution to my problem.  

I eventually downloaded Malwarebytes and it did the job. 

I did a search on my harddrive and all i found left that had anything to do with "System Guard" were a few "Collected Data" files which consists of pages of "actions performed by the computer" all written in "C prompt" .

Are they ok to erase?

Buttons11

Remerciements0

Yes, erase these.  And glad you got the problem worked out.

Any thoughts on how to keep it working?  I mean keeping your system clean and safe?

Message Edited by dbrisendine on 04-24-2009 09:10 PM

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.