• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Start-up problems since update to v22.5

Yesterday, when I powered up, this appeared:

then this:

It then cleaned (= removed?) 6511 IE Temporary Files and 26 Windows Temporary Files. It optimized the disks but, again, it couldn't analyse them.

I was too busy to create a thread but it's happened again on power-up this morning.

It cleaned (= removed?) 4235 IE Temporary Files and 15 Windows Temporary Files. It optimized the disks but, again, it couldn't analyse them.

I don't believe the figures. How could I acquire/create over 4000 temporary files in a day?

Is this a known issue following the update? What should I do please?

PS I looked in the 'Labels' window to see if there is a label for update problems - there isn't but would a Moderator please change the label "Norton Tollbar".

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security

Réponses

Remerciements2 Stats

Re: Start-up problems since update to v22.5

Hi, Taffy. I suggest you go to Tasks Scheduling under Settings in the UI and turn Optimize off, and any others you don't want to run.

I have them ALL turned off, and run them when I want.

Do you have the Idle Time Optimizer set to on ? I have THAT off, too !

Windows 10 Home X 64
Remerciements0

Hi again Yank. I've turned off all of those - fingers crossed!

BTW What I don't understand is that all these only happened  every time I powered up in the morning. If I turned off my PC during the day and then turned it back on later that day, they didn't run. And the thought that in a day I could 'acquire' so many temporary internet explorer files is hard to believe.

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security
Accepted Solution
Remerciements0

Hi again Yank. I've turned off all of those - fingers crossed!

Hi, Taffy. Wrong Guru. I know we all look the same ! 

Windows 10 Home X 64
Remerciements1 Stats

Hello F4E

LOL, I hope I don't look the same as you guys.

Hello Taffy

If you look in the History Logs and scroll down to File Cleanup> More Options on the right side pane on the lower right, you will see More Options. There it will list the files. I noticed with the Internet Temp Files, they all seem to be in the IE 5 I think it was. I think it was IE. I know it was some old file, but it had recent files in it. Things like pictures, things from posts I make in the Forum, any gifs, java scripts, all kinds of things. I only have on the Internet Temp file cleaning and not the Windows one. Mine is done once a week when my weekly Idle Full Scan is done. I have that much in a week from just the Internet Temp files. You would be surprised what they consider as files. Every little symbol is another file. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

sorry F4E!! I was going through a "red mist" moment of extreme frustration. When I powered up this morning, it loaded normally. Yippee!

PS Are you the one on the left - or is that Yank? 

PPS Just seen your reply!

Remerciements0

Hi, Taffy. I look more like the one on the left ! Just better looking !

Windows 10 Home X 64
Remerciements0

Hi floplot. Brilliant link - I've just looked there and found that for example of the 4,235 cleaned, 6 were mine and the rest were my wife's**!

Much appreciated.

**By the way, she looks a bit like you!!

Remerciements0

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.