• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Site owner verification failure

I've been attempting to verify site ownership by using the HTML file upload option. I get to step 3 in the process and the HTML file loads with no problem. Site is very simple - principally text based (https :// www. louisegreer .com)

When I click "Verify" I have a dialog popup with the text:

"Did you place the meta tag in your website homepage? Click Ok to continue.
If you have problem placing meta tag in your homepage, click here"

I have either OK or Cancel to pick.

I have chosen the HTML file upload so this question seems redundant. If I choose Cancel - nothing happens and I'm returned to the page I just left. If I choose OK I get:

"Verification Failed

We are not able to verify your site ownership.

To complete the site ownership verification process, click "Cancel" and follow the instructions to upload an HTML verification file to your site. Alternatively you may select another method of verification.

If you are not able to verify your site, click "Submit Feedback" and one of our support agents will assist you."

I've submitted Feedback 3 times now and these does not seem to be anyone answering ?

Any thoughts ? I guess I'm doing something wrong but I'm darned if I can see what it is.

[Edit: Removed hyperlink to a potentially malicious URL to conform with the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service]

Thématiques: Norton Safe Search

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Site owner verification failure

Remerciements0

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me ? The link you posted puts me at the start of the verify process, I click on the "Site Owner? Click here" - I follow through to My Profile where I have my website"registered" with a status of " ownership not verified". I then select "Verify your site" and am asked to either insert some meta tags into my html or upload an html file generated by Norton. I select the html file option, upload the file to my site, check that the page is accessible (step 3 of the process) and then attempt to verify - the rest of the description of what occurs is in my original post.

Remerciements0

Okay, we'll try to raise attention re your issue. 

Remerciements0

Hello Alan Greer

If you can just put the Meta Tag you received into your website and have it visible, then I can check to see if it's there. Once I can see it, then I can ask the Safe Web Team to verify ownership and also to evaluate your website. I think it would be easier if you used the Meta Tag way. Please let me know when you have done this.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Hi Alan Greer

We have manually verified ownership of your website 'louisegreer.com' and it is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=louisegreer.com

Cops

Remerciements0

Thanks to all who have replied and Cops for getting me over this hurdle.

I assume the site will be verified in due course. Maybe "verification" is a bit overused in this whole process - perhaps "Confirm/ed Ownership" and "Verified Safe" would better describe the two stages ?

Remerciements0

Hello Alan Greer

The two parts are confirming ownership of the website and rated Green means that the website is clean. If you look at your website in Google, you will see a Green Ok by your site. That means that the site is ok to go into and that it is clean of malware.

1. confirm ownership of the website.

2. rating Green means it is clean in Safe Web

So your website is all done in Safe Web unless it at a future time is reported as Red Malicious. Look around in Google. I am sure you will see some sites with the Green Go, some with Red Malicious and some Gray which means untested. There is also Orange which means a Warning, can go into site, but be careful if you make any purchases or fill out any forms, etc.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

I am also having an issue verifying a site.  I've followed the steps to verify via meta and also uploading an html file.  Neither methods work and verifying the site fails.  What else can I do to get the site verified?  What information do you need?  

Remerciements0

Hello divotagency

If you give me the name of the website and  you have the Meta Tag on the site, I can then ask the Safe Web Team to verify the ownership of it and also have it evaluated. There is most likely an issue with it getting verified or with it showing up on your account. I have had several cases of this today and have reported the issue to them. So please give me the name of the site.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hello Floplot -  here is the name of the website. www(dot)spektordental(dot)com

Remerciements0

Hello divotagency

Your website is malicious. I just went to check out the Meta Tag and Norton Blocked the site and stopped the attack I hope. You can find the malware locations by checking out the Safe Web report. Click on the little arrow.

After you clean up the site, then I will notify the Safe Web Team to verify and re-evaluate it after you have cleaned it up.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Remerciements0

When I run a scan it says the site is still malicious (only Norton).  Can you reevaluate the site?  I believe we removed the malicious code that we could discover.  I'd like to get the site verified so that I can dispute the results. Thank you so much. 

Remerciements0

divotagency:  I'd like to get the site verified so that I can dispute the results.

https://safeweb.norton.com/help/site_owners 

Remerciements0

Hi BJM.  I already uploaded the files (meta tag) in order to verify the site - it's not working.  Unfortunately, according to the process, the site needs to be verified before I can dispute the scan results.  Is there a workaround?   

Remerciements0

divotagency: Hi BJM.  I already uploaded the files (meta tag) in order to verify the site - it's not working.  Unfortunately, according to the process, the site needs to be verified before I can dispute the scan results.  Is there a workaround?   

Ahh, stay tuned for Help from more-in-the-know.....

Remerciements0

Hello divotagency

There are some issues with the verification process. It will have to be done manually. I will ask the Safe Web Team to verify ownership and also to re-evaluate your site. Stay tuned to the thread for a response back from the Safe Web Team either later tonight or late Wednesday night.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hi divotagency

We have manually verified ownership of your website 'spektordental.com' and it is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=spektordental.com

Cops

Remerciements0

Can you also verify my website via the same method? www. whiteheronfinancial .com.au

Remerciements0

Hi kayzone1

Your site 'whiteheronfinancial.com.au' had been submitted for analysis and is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=whiteheronfinancial.com.au

Cops

Remerciements0

I was about to start a new thread about the same issue. I have placed the provided meta tag on a newly created home page specifically to get this process figured out.

bugsonmyface.com

Any help would be much appreciated.

Remerciements0

bjm_ I appreciate the links, but I am already aware of all these problems. That is why I am trying to verify that I am the owner.

I used to host my website at Wordpress and apparently got hacked. About a year ago, I trashed the Wordpress site and built a new site on Squarespace. About a month ago, I started the process with Norton so that I can get my site re-evaluated but I can't seem to get past the verification step even though followed the directions on the verification process with the meta tag.

Remerciements0

bugsonmyface:  bjm_ I appreciate the links, but I am already aware of all these problems. That is why I am trying to verify that I am the owner.  I used to host my website at Wordpress and apparently got hacked. About a year ago, I trashed the Wordpress site and built a new site on Squarespace. About a month ago, I started the process with Norton so that I can get my site re-evaluated but I can't seem to get past the verification step even though followed the directions on the verification process with the meta tag.

Yes, you're aware.  Others may not be.  Since you posted hyperlink to a potentially malicious URL.  Added info to show SafeWeb report.   We'll try to bring attention to your concern. 

Remerciements0

bjm_ 

I guess that was bad form in posting my website. I hadn't thought of that. Although I'm not sure how I would have brought attention to it otherwise.

Hopefully I can get re-evaluated soon and resolved. Thanks again.

Remerciements0

bugsonmyface: Although I'm not sure how I would have brought attention to it otherwise.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.bugsonmyface.com

Remerciements1 Stats

Hello bugsonmyface

I will notify the Safe Web Team to verify your website since  you say the Meta Tag is on the site. I usually check for it, but can't now since it is blocked. Once it is verified, they will also re-evaluate the website. Please check back late Sunday night EDT in this thread for a response from the Safe Web Team.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Thanks so much floplot - I have had quite a bit of trouble getting my site back in good standing. I really appreciate the help. I will check back.

Remerciements1 Stats

Hi bugsonmyface

We have manually verified ownership of your website 'bugsonmyface.com' and it is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=bugsonmyface.com

Cops

Remerciements0

Console_Ops thank you very much for getting that taken care of - it is a relief.

Remerciements0

HI, I am having the same issue.  Please verify ownership and reeval please.

jenniferlynnadams.com

thanks

Remerciements0

Hello Joey M99

Have you registered for Safe Web?

Please follow instructions on this site for Safe Web Site problems.

http://safeweb.norton.com/help/site_owners

Please place your Meta Tag on your website and have it visible. The HTML code way is not working presently. Once you have told me that you have placed the Meta Tag on your site, then I can ask the Safe Web Team to manually verify and manually re-evaluate the website.. Since the site is malicious, I cannot check the site myself for the Meta Tag. Awaiting to hear from you about Meta Tag placement.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

hi .. both the meta tag info and the HTML file is currently on my site.  thanks

Remerciements0

Hello Joey

I will notify the Safe Web Team that you have placed your Meta Tag on the site as well as the HTML file. Please stay tuned to this thread for a response back from the Safe Web Team late Monday night EDT.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hi Joey M99

We have manually analyzed 'jenniferlynnadams.com' and found it to be malicious. So the rating of this site remains red in safeweb.norton.com.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=jenniferlynnadams.com

Cops

Remerciements0

I find that odd since I have scanned all my files for malicious content, removed the offending code, rescanned and came up clean. All the other major search engines have un-blacklisted this site.  You and some Russian search engine are the only ones still flagging it.  I will double check everything again. I have even used other sites to help find the offending code and they too come up clean.

thanks

Remerciements0

Hello Joey

Please look on the Safe Web report that Cops posted.. The little arrows show where and what malware it finds.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hello, floplot and bjm.

I've been trying to verify ownership of several WordPress websites for a few weeks now and nothing seems to work. I even sent a support request back then but have had no answer yet. The websites are goenglish.edu.uy, holando.com.uy and enopu.edu.uy. Could anyone of you ask the Safe Web team to verify ownership of those websites (HTML files are in place)?

The websites cuentosdecampo.com and idearius.com were successfully verified months ago yet none has been rated. Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks.

Remerciements1 Stats

idearius: Hello, floplot and bjm.

I've been trying to verify ownership of several WordPress websites for a few weeks

Okay, we'll try to raise interest re your concern. 

Remerciements1 Stats

Hello idearius

Did you use the html files to try to verify these sites and the ones that were already verified? If you did not use html files, I don't see the Meta Tags on your websites.

Please let me know which way you tried to get them verified, that is the first 3 sites. I will wait with those 3 sites  before I submit them to the Safe Web Team. If you used the html files, please include them in this thread. I will notify the Team about the 2 sites that are verified already.

Please stay tuned to this thread for a response back from the Safe Web Team late on Monday night EDT.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Thank you both for your prompt answers.

I've always used HTML files, but for the last 3 unverified sites I also tried the meta tag option without success.

These are the URLs for the HTML files:

• goenglish.edu.uy/nortonsw_b78a22b0-1b74-0.html
  • holando.com.uy/nortonsw_0c625b60-21ee-0.html
  • enopu.edu.uy/nortonsw_7536e5f0-29ff-0.html

Best.

Remerciements1 Stats

Remerciements0

Many thanks to everyone involved.

Should I keep asking for manual intervention for future website verifications and ratings? Or the system will be working automatically in the near future?

Remerciements0

Hello idearius

Good luck with your websites. You can try the automatic system and if it doesn't work, then register them first and if you have to have it done manually, please be sure to tell me which way you have tried to verify. If you use the html way, please include the file in the thread. Also please start a new thread if you have more to post here.

Hopefully they will fix the system, but I don't know when that will be.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Will do. Thanks again.

Remerciements0

Hello,

I am also having problems with verifying my site.  I have tried both meta tag and HTML file upload.

Here is the HTML upload: https://www.mychinainterpreter.com/nortonsw_a0b53410-2d46-0.html

Can you help me get verified?

Thank you

Remerciements0

Hello mychinainterpreter

I can help you get your site verified. Have you cleaned up your site? Once I know that you have cleaned up your site, then I can inform the Safe Web Team the information which they need.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Yes the site has been cleaned up.  The domain was moved to a new server and rebuilt from scratch.  

Remerciements0

Hello mychinainterpreter

I will notify the Safe Web Team of your issues. Please stay tuned to this thread for a response from the Safe Web Team some time after midnight Sunday night EDT.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Hi

I have the same problem. I have tried both the meta tag and the html upload. My site https: //www. cado .dk had a blog with some problems once, but is clean now. Can you help me get verified, and the site re-evaluated?

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.