• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

VPN advice

Hi was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to add these exceptions to my firewall as im having trouble using my VPN i signed up for, 

• C:\Program Files\pia_manager\openVPN.exe
  • C:\Program Files\pia_manager\pia_manager.exe
  • C:\Program Files\pia_manager\tapinstall.exe
  • C:\Program Files\pia_manager\installer_win.exe
  • C:\Program Files\pia_manager\pia-openvpn.dll
  • C:\Program files\pia_manager\pia_tray_bin\nw-win\pia_nw.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\tap0901.sys
Thématiques: Firewall

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: VPN advice

Hi there,

try this:

If you're using version 58 or lower please also exclude the following:

• C:\Program Files\pia_manager\pia_tray\pia_tray.exe

If you're using version 59 or higher please also exclude the following:

• C:\Program files\pia_manager\pia_tray_bin\nw-win\pia_nw.exe

To get the version info of your PIA VPN for Windows, try these steps: run your PIA VPN agent > check "Show hidden icons" area in taskbar if you do not see the GUI then > right click on the PIA icon > choose Settings on the list; > look closely at the left corner of the GUI (it's v.65 in my case), then you're good to go.

And to add PIA as the exception to your Norton's firewall, try these directions: - what's your Norton software, btw? Norton Security, NIS, or NAV? And, what's yr operating system?

• Check yr start menu
  • enter PIA folder/entry
  • right click on the main app > choose "open file location"
  • scroll up... enter the said pia_tray_bin sub-folder
  • Right click on the target item > choose Properties > note down the location info (copy & paste to Text)
  • Now, open up your Norton software (if you're running any virus protection by Norton for home): hit Settings > Firewall > Program Control (plz correct me if I'm wrong) > hit the Add tab > browse the said location > 
  • Choose "Allow always (recommended)" from the Options sections > hit OK to complete your task.
  • A system reboot is recommended; re-run your PIA using the admin access; try connecting to your desired VPN server later.

Additionally, I recommend running your PIA VPN client as the the admin user always: right click on PIA VPN app > choose "Run as admin". For more help, plz pay a visit to PIA VPN forums@ privateinternetaccess.com/forum and contact Norton Support here.

I hope this comment works out for you.

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Remerciements0

Thankyou so much for your detailed instructions, i very much apreciate it,, in answer to your questions my norton is NIS and my pc is windows 10 64 bit,,im not particularly tech minded but i do ok for my age group,,but for the life of me i cant find where the file is ! ,,all your directions are really clear and concise and easy to follow and i know exactly what to do i just cant find the bloody folder,,so i think tmrw i will do a re install of the VPN software and take it from there,,i will let you know how it goes, once again thankyou for your time, cheers 

Remerciements0

I have heard there have been some difficulties with Open VPN and AV products. I use a different VPN and have never had to manually change any firewall settings. The Norton Smart Firewall is very good at adapting to all connected software. Maybe a reset of the firewall will help.

To reset the Norton firewall, from the main Norton Security screen click on Settings - Firewall. On the General tab, click on Reset beside Firewall Reset. As you use programs that access your network/internet, the firewall rules will be created again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

Thankyou for that, i will give it a try, cheers

Accepted Solution
Remerciements0

This has worked a treat, thankyou all for your time and help, its great to be able to come on here and get such good advice,,much apreciated, cheers

Remerciements0

Good News. Thanks for letting us know.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

Notified: choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.psiphon3.apk (flagged spammer) does NOT contain any info re OFFICIAL Norton Support@ http://norton.com/chat

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.