• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Quick question about scan alerts

Does Norton only flag your PC as needing a scan when it thinks there is something wrong with it? For example, I just had Norton say "your PC needs to be scanned for spyware and viruses" but it found nothing on a quick scan.

Looking at my history, it seems it may have been an "early-launch anti-malware scan"?

Edit: ignore that last part, that wasn't relevant - it only scanned 50 items so it wasn't that.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Quick question about scan alerts

Hello 2-304859

Are you sure that the notice was from Norton? Is this a brand new computer? Was the Quick Scan an Idle one or one you ran by yourself? If it's a brand new install on a brand new computer, you do need to run a Full System Scan. 50 files scan is very short for any kind of scan unless it's a brand new computer.

Is it a brand new computer? If it is, was the previous security program thoroughly removed?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

No, it's a year-old laptop. The 50 file scan was something done when Windows was booted I think, and probably isn't relevant like I initially thought. The quick scan, however, was a prompt from Norton saying "your PC needs to be scanned for spyware and viruses" when I brought up the Norton menu, and that scanned about 10,000 items. Since it didn't find anything I was wondering what triggered that initial prompt and if it's likely Norton may have missed something - I notice some things are always labelled as 'trusted' or skipped' files during scans.

Accepted Solution
Remerciements0

Norton will prompt you if a scan has not been run in a while.  It does not imply that there is any malware on your machine, only that a routine scan is overdue.

Remerciements0

Thank you, Jive. Just to confirm, it had been about 6/7 days since I'd run a scan - does it seem feasible that it just thought I was due again? Seems a bit quick, but certainly possible.

Remerciements0

Yep, that's it.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.