• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

WS.reputation.1

Is there a way to disable the WS.reputation.1 filter without disabling Download Insight altogether?  DI is constantly flagging DLL and EXE files that I download because not enough Norton users have them.  Occasionally it even quarantines files that I've been using for a while, breaking whatever program they were attached to.  Sometimes it has even summarily deleted files without warning.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: WS.reputation.1

Create a folder on your system as a download destination and then add that folder and its contents to Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection.  Specify that folder whenever you download a new portable executable file.

Remerciements0

It usually picks them up when I unpack the zip file and install them into their respective games.  I've already had to exclude some of the games I mod from Autoprotect because of this, which works, but is not an ideal solution.  The problem is that this filter is too indiscriminate.  I've seen it pop up and quarantine or delete files randomly that I've had installed for weeks or months, in most cases causing major issues with whatever game they were attached to, all because only a few thousand Norton users have used the file in question.  The deletions are even more annoying then the quarantines, because then I have to go find the file again and reinstall it, after telling norton to exclude it,  I'm even not sure what criteria Norton uses to delete vs. quarantine, because it gives the same reason "WS.reputation.1" and the deletions don't seem to give me the option to restore them in norton.

In all, this filter is extremely annoying and presenting a potential security risk as I have to exclude so much of my files from the whole scan process to avoid it.  That's why I think we need an option to just ignore WS.reputation.1.

Accepted Solution
Remerciements2 Stats

Jwilder:

That's why I think we need an option to just ignore WS.reputation.1.

That capability exists.  Follow the instructions here.  Be patient...the exclusions list takes a minute or two to populate.  You will then have to scroll down it to find WS.Reputation.1.

Add items to the Signature Exclusions

Remerciements0

SendOfJive:
Jwilder:

That's why I think we need an option to just ignore WS.reputation.1.

That capability exists.  Follow the instructions here.  Be patient...the exclusions list takes a minute or two to populate.  You will then have to scroll down it to find WS.Reputation.1.

Add items to the Signature Exclusions

Doesn't work. Only  DI shutdown.

Remerciements0

Jwilder:

In all, this filter is extremely annoying and presenting a potential security risk as I have to exclude so much of my files from the whole scan process to avoid it.  That's why I think we need an option to just ignore WS.reputation.1.

Ws.Rep.1 is problem only (!) for you, because you use unusual files for most users. Just shutdown DI module. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.