• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

How do I get Norton to totally block a website?

Hi

I have a very annoying issue.

When I am on certain websites I find that if i click anywhere on the page a new tab will open. The new tab is being blocked by Norton (which is good because it is clearly adware) and a Norton pop-up tells me it has blocked it; however the new tab that has opened comes up on the screen even though it has been blocked. As such I find myself contantly having to close down these tabs.........which is very annoying.

How can I configure Norton so that it simply blocks the whole thing and doesn't allow the tab to be opened at all?

The problem always comes from the same source "Advanced details" show this:

IPS Alert Name: Web Attack: Malvertisement Website Redirect 10

Attacking Computer: 35.188.59.75, 80

Attaker URL: 35.188.59.75/........

Source Address: 35.188.59.75

How can I set up Norton so that it totally blocks it and doesn't let it open a tab in my browser at all?

Thanks

Thématiques: Firewall

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: How do I get Norton to totally block a website?

Hello Anthony

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

I would recommend that you block the website by  using your Host File. This can be done using any browser. Please have a look at this website for directions on how to do it.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/edit-windows-hosts-file-to-block-redirect-websites/

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.14.0.54 Core Firmware 237 I E 11
Remerciements0

What browser are you using?  Do you have any script / ad blockers enabled in that browser?

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Remerciements0

Hi

Firefox.

And yes I do have uBlock Origin.

I tried the host file thing....but couldn't find how to open it as an admistrator as the notepad screen shot looks different to mine.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.