• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

What should I use to get rid of Norton's now built in adware?

So I have Norton to stop annoying pop-ups and malware for example but I am wondering what product I can buy that will stop Norton sending me ad's about their products. This is a new one for me.... built in adware for an internet security package, It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Why not click their feedback box and let them know how wonderful this idea really is.

Thématiques: AntiSpam, Pop-up, Uninstall

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: What should I use to get rid of Norton's now built in adware?

Orbs:
Why not click their feedback box and let them know how wonderful this idea really is.

Oh, they've been told.  

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Remerciements2 Stats

Have you tried going to Settings > Administrative Settings > scroll down to Special Offer Notification and disabling that > click Apply?

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Remerciements1 Stats

I have since switched it off and it's good that option is there however this shouldn't even be a thing we have to deal with or at least it should be off by default. It is pretty sad that they even think this is acceptable, sure if this was a free product I would agree it's fair to put out the odd ad... but to force pop ups on a subscription based security package is pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

What is also a little worrying is it appears to be targeted ad's based on your system, I had an ad.. to protect WIFI on my laptop but not had it on my wired desktop.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.