• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

How to stop alert emails after I've uninstalled the app

I installed the Norton Family app on my children's phones (3 of them) and on my own phone. The app was installed successfully on all and worked fine for months. Then about a week ago I started getting emails from Norton Family saying "Accessibility turned off in (specific) child's phone". I followed the directions in the email, went through all the settings on the device and nothing was turned off. I checked the settings on the other phones, and they were all fine. I then uninstalled the app from the device I was getting the notification for and I was still receiving the same email (up to 50 a day). So I uninstalled the app from all the devices, cleared the settings and im still getting that email! I even contacted Norton support and did exactly what he said, which was the same stuff I already did. I don't want to block the emails because I still have two other subscriptions with Norton and i'm worried that I won't get notifications for those if I do block. Has anyone else dealt with this? Or can help me figure it out?

Thématiques: Android, Norton Family

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: How to stop alert emails after I've uninstalled the app

Yes! I am having the exact same issue. We've gotten over 100 emails in three days about our child's accessibility being turned off, and it's NOT off!  All permissions are on as well. We get an email every 15 minutes or so! I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I even deleted the child profile and still got emails for the child's name even though that child's profile was completely deleted. Dying to know how to fix this!

Remerciements0

Hi Amber,

We are sorry to know about the inconvenience caused to you. To help us understand the issue better, can you please share debug logs? You can find my e-mail address when you click my profile.

Steps to collect debug logs:

1. Install, setup and open Norton Family app in the concerned child’s device->Tap on profile picture in top left corner

2. Select the last option ‘Contact Us’ from the menu

3. Enable Debug logs

4. Wait for the issue to be reproduced, in this case for the tamper alert to be sent.

5. As soon as you start getting the e-mails repeatedly, open Norton Family app->Navigate to 'Contact Us'->Tap on 'Send Email'->Select an email client app(e.g. Gmail)

6. Enter my email address (mentioned earlier) in the 'To' field (logs will be auto-attached) and send it.

Alternatively, you can use nortonfamily_support@symantec.com if you face any difficulty in finding my email address.

Thank you for your patience.

Remerciements0

I'd like to know the results of this since I'm having the same problem.

Remerciements0

There was no technical fix, the emails eventually stopped on their own. I haven't re installed the app.
Remerciements0

So, basically you did nothing?

Remerciements0

I didn't do anything to stop them. It was probably 3 days after I posted to here that the emails stopped coming. As of today I haven't gotten one.