• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Programmitically read history or send an email if scan finds a virus

G'Day Guys

Sorry if this has been discussed previously or it is a foolish question. I cant find anything about a NIS API or sending an email with history results when I search here.

We have a customer who wants to 'eval' NIS, what we are concerned about is that we support their PCs & want to know if a scan finds a virus.

Can we Programmitically read the scan history on a PC ?

or

Can we get an email if a scan finds a virus ?

TIA

Down Under Tech

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Programmitically read history or send an email if scan finds a virus

There are no email notifications for detections in Norton products. Norton products are primarily designed with home users in mind. Advanced controls like getting emails when there are detections are usually kept for enterprise products. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

G'Day Peterweb

Sorry but I'm a newbie to Nortons, I'm more of a Sophos person from when I worked at Au. Fed. Gov.

So does this mean that Nortons has a enterprise product ?

TIA

Remerciements0

Not Norton directly. But the parent company Symantec has the Endpoint protection products.  https://www.symantec.com/

Remerciements0

G'Day Peterweb

Thanks for the very prompt replies and the head up, found Symantec End Point 14, can only find GDP sellers on fleabay.

I'm still in shock that we would be expected to manually bring up the 'History' on each PC to see if the scan found a virus.

BTW - Anyone else like to share a tip on reading NIS History Data Structures ?

TIA

Down Under Tech

Remerciements0

Hello

If Norton finds any malware on a computer, the icon in the task bar would turn red. It would not have a Green check mark in it. Also, in most cases, if the computer had malware and Norton cleaned up the malware or tried to, most likely that computer would need to be restarted.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

https://mysymantec.force.com/partnerlocator/s/

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements1 Stats

You can filter your History results in Norton. Just choose the type of entries you are interested in from the dropdown list at the top left. ie To find any malware detections that Norton too care of choose the Resolved Security Risks. Experiment to see which categories you need.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.