• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements1 Stats

Why the push to Upgrade from Norton Secuity to Norton 360?

I have received some popups asking me to upgrade for free to Norton 360.

I haven't looked at this product closely but is Norton looking to phase out the Norton Security applications, thus the reason for the free upgrade?

Just curious. 

Thématiques: Norton 360

Réponses

Remerciements2 Stats

Re: Why the push to Upgrade from Norton Secuity to Norton 360?

This is probably mostly the marketing department, because the new 360 products come with bundles that include the LifeLock identity protection service.. So they are trying to make more money.

You can see the differences between the current Norton Security products and the new N360 products here.   

As for the phase out. Probably. But not in the immediate future. So far, we are still able to continue renewing the older security products from before the Norton Security line. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements1 Stats

I just received this offer in my email. I've done a little research. It's not a real upgrade to an existing 360 product. Some report it as a beta test (back in January), others have reported it as a cash grab. What is sure is that it isn't Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe or Norton 360 with Lifelock. Instead you'll end up with a Frankenstein product called Norton 360 Premium II that doesn't exist anywhere and isn't for purchase.

I'm pretty sure their plan is to switch everyone over to 360 so they can pull Norton Security Premium from the consumer product line. There's also a lot of people talking about sticker shock when they have to renew the New Norton 360 (most report that the new features are being sold as separate addons to the 360 product). Whatever the truth may be, they REALLY should have known better. People don't like companies messing around with their security software. They should have done a flat upgrade to an existing / purchasable product. 

I'm very much on the fence at this time. I've been with Norton for decades, this push towards a kiddie-friendly 360 isn't something I'm interested in. I'd much rather get all the technical details from every part of my security software. Looks like I'm going to have reassess my options and see what's out there.         

Remerciements0

Norton 360 Premium is a one-year security solution subscription for up to 10 devices, available exclusively through retailers, including Amazon and Walmart.com in the U.S. On a case-by-case basis, we offer retailers the opportunity to distribute specially configured solutions from Norton LifeLock that may not be available for purchase through the Norton.com or LifeLock.com websites. (credit Norton Community Administrator).

Remerciements0

The email I received is in theory, directly from Norton (Norton Community <noreply@nortoncommunity.symantec.com>). There's a lot wrong with this email. The text at the top of the email states "Norton LifeLock: Your ally in the fight against cybercrime | View online
Pour voir ce message en français cliquez ici." at the top of the email and a GET NEW NORTON 360 button in the middle. When you select that from your email you're dumped to a website that has "Norton LifeLock: Your ally in the fight against cybercrime" at the top of the webpage and a yellow button introducing "NEW Norton 360 Upgrade for Free*" (dropping LifeLock from the name). When you click on the yellow button you're sent to chart comparing Norton Internet Security to Norton 360 Premium II. That's a whole lot of jumping around and bait and switching going on. 

So that's my experience so far. I've gone from Norton Lifelock to the NEW Norton 360 Upgrade to an unpurchasable Norton 360 Premium II product that doesn't exist anywhere on their site and now you're telling me this is a third party through retailers only offering. That's bloody alarming to and very disturbing. 

This should be reported to Norton then.    

Remerciements0

Okay....maybe Norton 360 Premium II is another offering and not Norton 360 Premium.
I've requested clarification re Norton 360 Premium vs Premium II.  

Verify that an email you receive from Norton is legitimate
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v71088498

Remerciements0

Okay, we have so many phones, tablets, laptops, pc's etc. running around now that protection for 5 devices doesn't cut it anymore, much less the package for 1. LifeLock is becoming more desirable, complementing Norton device protection. Coverage for 10 seems to be just about enough. My concern is offering a product that has the essentials, but at a price few find affordable. Remaining competitive without pricing yourself out of the ballpark.   

Remerciements0

That's the catch. It's a problem pretty much facing EVERY industry out there. There's an incredible pressure to be more profitable than the last year/quarter, etc. Norton appears to be repositioning itself as a service provider (much more profitable) and no longer as a security software developer.

It's very profitable to sell Norton 360 as a basic service and sell everything else as an addon, similar to the way a cable TV or mobile phone service would sell a channel or feature. It think that's the finish line they're aiming for. The tough part is getting people off the more "DIY" friendly Norton Security Premium for the more "trust us; it's too complicated for you, just know we have your back" design of Norton 360 products. 

Remerciements0

I'll probably take the plunge because both are becoming a requirement for all around protection and are solid products.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.