• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

close running applications

Hi, im trying to instal the latest updates to my "Norton security" but I keep getting this message.

I have "IObit Uninstaller" but I don't know how to close it.

Pièce Jointe: 

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: close running applications

If you’ve installed IObit Uninstaller on your computer and using it, you could’ve noticed it’s process UninstallMonitor (uninstallMonitor.exe) running in the background under Processes tab in the Task Manager even when the IObit Uninstaller application was not in use.

Uninstall Monitor process main job is to monitor which apps you’re installing on your computer at what time and when and what the leftovers the programs have added when you install. This component immediately starts running when it detects uninstall operation of a program from Control Panel’s or from a third-party Uninstaller.

[...] see pic

You may want to disable IObit Uninstaller Service as well this and IObit liveupdate.exe also, let us see how you can deactivate IObit Uninstaller’s UninstallMonitor.

Disable IObit Uninstaller’s Uninstall Monitor

1. Launch IObit Uninstaller

2. Click on three-horizontal lines icon to open Options, select ‘Settings’

3. Drag the scroll bar of Settings window to bottom and under Notification, uncheck ‘Notify me when other uninstaller’s operation detected’

[...] see pic

4. Click ‘OK’.

Please review: https://techdows.com/2014/08/how-to-disable-uninstall-monitor-feature-in-iobit-uninstaller-4.html

Remerciements0

If you are unable to disable or turn off those two applications, you can just cancel the update and restart your computer. That will finish the update for you.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Accepted Solution
Remerciements0

Thanks for your help.

Remerciements0

You are very welcome.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.