• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

Does Norton detect ALL viruses?

So, i was wondering. Does Norton detect ALL and any viruses? Also can Norton detect Trojans that are secretly running in the back round? Also Can Norton also detect ALL Malware? And one last thing is Norton as good at detect malware as a anti malware program? Thank you

My website https://huydungmobile.com/ - iPhone repair 237/64 Trần Văn Đang, Phương 11, Quận 3 , Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
Thématiques: Threat Detection

Réponses

Remerciements1 Stats

Re: Does Norton detect ALL viruses?

No single product can protect you 100% of the time from 100% of the tens of thousands of new malware variants released every day.

Norton does use multiple layers of protection that can detect malware using behavioural detections as well as signature based methods. The combination of protection layers does detect many of these new malware releases from their behaviour.

is Norton as good at detect malware as a anti malware program?

This depends on your definition of an anti malware program. All the categories you list come under the heading of malware. Viruses, trojans are types of Malware. There are some products, such as Malwarebytes, that will focus more on PUPs/PUAs than Norton will. While they are annoying, they do not cause damage to your system. Some people actually want the 'Features' offered by these programs. They are usually downloaded alongside a legitimate download when you do not uncheck the option for the additional download.

Norton products concentrate on malware that can damage your system, that is why some PUPs are not detected.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Remerciements0

This is an interesting question.

With a rapidly evolving threat model, signature-based AV is becoming a thing of the past. Heuristics are key in watching for abnormal behavior. The word "heuristic" is literally translated "to discover". It is a rule-based AV as opposed to signature-base. Signature-based AV can only detect "what is known" and cannot detect new AV signatures until they are crafted by the AV vendor and pushed out as an update.

The new threat model includes new types of malware that are particularly difficult to detect. Polymorphism (SSP), cryptors that resemble existing Windows services like svchost.exe hosted applications, encryption (hides the malware executables from virtually anything that is designed to detect a signature). A smart blackhat will always run the malicious code against several AV vendors software to avoid signature detection. Memory-resident malware and rootkits are other challenges.

It's fascinating stuff. Even more fascinating is the relationship between AV vendors and blackhats. Perfect bedmates.

Very fascinating.

<>

Remerciements0

I never have but always wondered if more than one internet security package can be installed and run in the background, such as Malwarebytes, whatever Microsoft has nowadays, etc.

I was a self employed CAD designer, retired now, and have been with Norton since the early 80's. Painful at times but never gave Norton up. I did try Norton 360 when it first came out, then switched back. Forget the year. Just too many bugs. Many admitted. Today I decided to give 360 another try. Very fancy. Lotsa bells and whistles. Well see how that goes. 

Remerciements0

Most, if not all, security software companies recommend not running more than one security product with real time scanning. Doing so can cause conflicts and actually decrease your protection as the two products compete for system resources.

Many users here use Malwarebytes alongside Norton with no issues. Just be sure you make the necessary exclusions to both products so there is no conflicts. Another way to use Malwarebytes is by using the free version that does not have real time protection running. Just use this as an on demand scanner on whatever schedule you feel you need.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.