Solved.
Remerciements0

Why do I have to un-install System Mechanic to install NU?

Why do I have to un-install System Mechanic to install NU?

Considering the problems I had trying to install NU when it first came out (they sent me a serial # with fewer digits than required by the installation AND support promised to get back to me within 10 days from a higher level tech person - never happened!) I am less prone to trust NU than Sys Mech, which leads me to this question, HOW ROBUST AND RELIABLE IS NU?

If I am to un-install system mechanic I need some assurance NU is a mature an solid product.

Can anyone tell me about NU (what it does and how reliable you have found it etc.)?  Is it worth this hassle?

Thanks!

Richard

Thématiques: Activation, Installation
Accepted Solution
Remerciements2 Stats

Re: Why do I have to un-install System Mechanic to install NU?

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear about your support experience.

You can get phone support through the following link  Norton Telephone Support

Scroll down until you see "My issue isn't listed above" and click on it (Ref pic below). 

Next complete the short form that pops up. Then at the bottom, click Get Phone Number.  This should provide a telephone number for your Geo location to call (Ref pic below). 

Réponses

Remerciements0

system mechanic is more popular and has good reviews i suggest use what ever you comfirtable with it.

Remerciements0

i will stick with SM.  just contacted norton because its vpn was not connected. i entered a remote session with "kunal" , [Removed] .

he deleted a bunch of network network adapters, couldn't get it working, and then my internet died. had to reboot and i was able to reconnect,  but it isn't the same, is slower, and i'm getting conflicting status reports from my wireless icon (win 10).

he really [Removed] me up!  would you know by chance how i can get in touch with phone support to report this and hopefully fix it?

Damned if i'll use a norton product if there's a proven substitute.  i'm very mad!

Thanks - Richard

[Edit: Removed personally identifiable information to conform with the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service]

Accepted Solution
Remerciements2 Stats

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear about your support experience.

You can get phone support through the following link  Norton Telephone Support

Scroll down until you see "My issue isn't listed above" and click on it (Ref pic below). 

Next complete the short form that pops up. Then at the bottom, click Get Phone Number.  This should provide a telephone number for your Geo location to call (Ref pic below). 

Remerciements1 Stats

Ahhh, thank you.

I have to take back a lot of what I said.  My apologies to Norton.

I finally connected with a support person on the phone who fixed my problem remotely in two steps! I hope I get to review her. I am now able choose which VPN I want run and they all work (differently).

Thanks for all your help!

Richard

Remerciements0

Hi Richard,

You're most welcome and glad to hear Support was able to quickly resolve your issue.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.