FAQ: Norton Crypto
Envoyé le: 2021-07-20 | 11:38 · Édité: 2022-03-15 | 23:39 · 1 Reply · Permalien · Traduction:
The below FAQ could address some of your questions.
- What is Norton Crypto?
Norton Crypto is a feature made available in Norton 360 which you can utilize for mining cryptocurrency when your PC is idle. Currently, Norton Crypto is limited to users with devices that meet the required system requirements.
- Will Norton 360 mine my device without my permission?
No. In addition to having a device that meets system requirements, you must also turn on Norton Crypto on your device. If you have turned on Norton Crypto, but you no longer want to use the feature, you can disable it through your Norton Crypto dashboard.
- What are the system requirements?
- Hardware requirements:
- Graphics card - Nvidia cards with minimum 6 GB memory
- Processor - 1 GHz
- RAM - 2 GB (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
- Hard disk space - 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Operating System requirements:
- Norton Crypto is supported on Windows 7 SP1 and later, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Norton Crypto is not supported on Windows 10 in S mode and Windows running on ARM processors
- Hardware requirements:
- Which Norton 360 membership plan do I need in order to use Norton Crypto?
The Norton Crypto feature is available in all Norton 360 plans where Norton determines if your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- How many computers can run?
You can mine on every computer that has Norton 360 installed with an active subscription, provided that the computer meets the minimum system requirements. The maximum number of computers is limited to the number of devices included in your subscription plan.
- How often does the hashrate update?
The hashrate is designed to update in real time.
- Will I be able to adjust the settings thresholds, or will Norton decide that?
For now, Norton will manage the settings. We are continuing to build capabilities and could potentially make the settings adjustable for you in the future.
- Which Cryptocurrencies are currently supported by Norton Crypto?
Norton Crypto supports Ethereum crypto mining. We will look at potentially adding other currencies in the future.
- Do I need an Ethereum wallet to mine with Norton Crypto, or will Norton create one?
Norton creates a secure digital Ethereum wallet for each user. The key to the wallet is encrypted and stored securely in the cloud. Only you have access to the wallet.
- What platforms can I transfer the crypto to?
Norton Crypto supports transfers of Ethereum from your digital wallet to Coinbase.
- How do I get the Ethereum to the Coinbase wallet?
You can see your Norton Crypto coin mining earnings in the Norton account portal and Norton 360 client. There is a Withdraw option in your Norton account to transfer cryptocurrency earnings to Coinbase when you are ready to do so.
- Are there charges or fees associated with coin mining?
Norton Crypto is included as part of Norton 360 subscriptions. However, there are coin mining fees as well as transaction costs to transfer Ethereum.
The coin mining fee is currently 15% of the crypto allocated to the miner.
Transfers of cryptocurrencies may result in transaction fees (also known as "gas" fees) paid to the users of the cryptocurrency blockchain network who process the transaction. In addition, if you choose to exchange crypto for another currency, you may be required to pay fees to an exchange facilitating the transaction. Transaction fees fluctuate due to cryptocurrency market conditions and other factors. These fees are not set by Norton.
Please note that Norton makes no statements or guarantees on the financial benefits that you can derive from using the product given the many variables involved including factors like the volatility in value of the currency, the time and effort required to mine a particular block, the equipment utilized and its cost, the amount and cost of additional energy consumption, and associated fees, among others.
- Where do I post my queries?
Please post your queries in the Norton Crypto board.
- This is a throttled release
Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | NortonLifeLock