Created a demo account, removed it, still receiving emails
Envoyé le: 2022-07-16 | 19:28 · 4 Replies · Permalien · Traduction:
I have a ticket number with support, but everyone I've spoken to says they fix it, but they don't and the following technician doesn't know what the problem is.
In May I was looking for a parental controls solution. I installed Norton Family on my child's phone and at the same time I created an account to test out the trial. The trial account I created was firstname.lastname@example.org. After using it for a few days, I realized that I have Family under my existing 360 subscription.
I reinstalled the app and set it up with my email which is tied to my 360 account (which is email@example.com). Everything is working for about a month and a half, until I stop receiving email and push notifications.
I contact support and was advised that the app needs to be reinstalled because 'critical files may be missing'... That's not a great answer, but yes, I suppose I'll try a reinstall when I can.
I reinstall the app, authenticated it with my 360 account (firstname.lastname@example.org) via the pin/QR code method, and it works.
Except I am now receiving email notifications to BOTH emails. I've tried to reset the password for the test/demo/trial account, but I never receive the link to log in with.
- I created email@example.com to test out the trial for Family
- I realized I have a subscription under the email firstname.lastname@example.org, so I reinstall the app and pair it with my 360 account
- The push and email notifications stop coming to my email@example.com domain
- I reinstall the app on my child's phone, and reauthenticate it to my 360 firstname.lastname@example.org account
- I'm now receiving email notifications to BOTH my email@example.com address and my firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com doesn't seem to be a valid account, I can't log in or reset the password (I genuinely don't remember the password, but it was something easy I created on my phone), so I can't even turn off notifications
- How is it possible that if I used Norton Family under one account one one device, then later on another device, that the device is still registered under BOTH accounts??? I have spent around 4 hours on the phone with various reps (all under the same ticket) assuring me that this is 'fixed', until I receive another parental control notification.
Re: Created a demo account, removed it, still receiving emails
Envoyé le: 2022-07-18 | 05:18 · Permalien
Thank you for the details over private message.
I can confirm that the emails were originated from your mydomain (N360) account and currently there is no Norton account for your gmail.
You receive the same email to your gmail as well; This is because your gmail is configured as an additional email recipient for the child.
You can remove it by following View Profile -> Manage Email Recipients from child dashboard.
More details can be found at Edit your child's profile in Norton Family