I'm very frustrated with the Norton Anti-spam. I have had two conversations with their support and get no usable help. Here is what is happening:
1) I went into my Outlook email and clicked on Norton, then Open Norton Anti spam.
2) I went to the blocked list and clicked configure.
3) I added a type Domain and typed in (clunky you can't easily have norton pick this up) internationallnews.com . (I know there are two ll's but that is the domain I'm trying to block). Printscreen attached.
4) About 2 hours later I received an email from - you guessed it - email@example.com . Printscreen attached.
5) Norton support seems to be telling me that a domain is the same thing as an email address. I looked it up on google and it says "Simply put, a domain name (or just 'domain') is the name of a website. It's what comes after “@” in an email address". Printscreen attached.
So why am I getting emails from this blocked domain?
BTW, support just clicked on "unsubscribe" from the email footer and said it is fixed now!?
Does Norton antispam not work, am I misunderstanding a domain, what am I paying for?
Thanks for any help/suggestions.