Solved.
Remerciements0

Why is Norton 360 Backup so slow, I can backup all my files to external SSID in less than 10 minutes.

I would sooner do my own backups but I keep getting warning messages to Backup which I cannot over ride at the moment.

Wish I could just cancel out Backup altogether. I have 4 External drives. Currently using WIN 11 PRO with I-7 Processor 16 mb ram

and SSID and Norton 360 Ultimate.

Thématiques: Backup, My Norton, Windows 11
Accepted Solution
Remerciements0

Re: Why is Norton 360 Backup so slow, I can backup all my files to external SSID in less than 10 minutes.

The cloud backup is speed is dependent on your internet upload speed. The size of the backup you are doing also determines how long the initial cloud backup will take. If you are using the computer while the backup is being done that will also slow down the backup as Norton lowers the priority of the backup so your foreground apps get better performance.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Why is Norton 360 Backup so slow, I can backup all my files to external SSID in less than 10 minutes.

Maybe, toggle Norton Cloud Backup off.
Windows Admin user account => Norton 360 Classic view => Settings
Quick Controls - Backup off...or...Backup Settings off

Accepted Solution
Remerciements0

The cloud backup is speed is dependent on your internet upload speed. The size of the backup you are doing also determines how long the initial cloud backup will take. If you are using the computer while the backup is being done that will also slow down the backup as Norton lowers the priority of the backup so your foreground apps get better performance.

Remerciements0

Thanks, the problem got so bad it stopped me from doing Virus scans, told me it was applying a fix, which then locked me out of the internet (  I have a good new laptop and a Fast fibre link). I reinstalled Norton twice before the Norton "Fix" left me alone) . Very Frustrating. Everything's fine now. Want nothing to do with Backup ( It's scary). Thank you for all your help Peter.

Remerciements0

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

If you are not going to use the Backup feature, be sure you turn that feature off as noted in bjm_'s post. Otherwise you will get nagging notifications about the backup not running.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.