• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements1 Stats

Downloading 4.1 update

Does anyone know whether there is a link on the Norton site that I could download the 4.1 NIS update as a .dmg file rather than doing it via live update? Whenever there's a need to reinstall NIS it would be faster and more convenient to update from a file already existing on my HD than by live update.

I checked the link above -- 'NIS 4.1 updaters are available' -- and did a quick search but couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Downloading 4.1 update

Does anyone know whether there is a link on the Norton site that I could download the 4.1 NIS update as a .dmg file rather than doing it via live update? Whenever there's a need to reinstall NIS it would be faster and more convenient to update from a file already existing on my HD than by live update.

I checked the link above -- 'NIS 4.1 updaters are available' -- and did a quick search but couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks

Remerciements0

I agree. Please make the NIS Update for Snow Leopard available as a dmg file. Having to use Live Update is inconvenient. Those of us who have 4.0, and are current with our subscription, should be able to download the full 4.1 installer. I have yet to install NIS Dual Protection because I have been waiting for a full update installer to be made available. Mine is brand new, in the box, never opened, installed, or activated. But, it is not the updated version that is compatible with SL. Is there any way to get the full installer for the new version?

Remerciements0

Unfortunately, the only method of getting 4.1 is by using LiveUpdate.

Thanks for your feedback - it is helpful to know that there is demand for standalone updaters.

Nick UchidaManager, SQA EngineeringMacintosh Products
Remerciements0

Unfortunately, the only method of getting 4.1 is by using LiveUpdate.
Thanks for your feedback - it is helpful to know that there is demand for standalone updaters.

So will you be making it available as a standalone download sometime soon?  Surely it would also lessen the broadband usage on your server if customers had the option of downloading large-ish files only once.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.