• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

AddOnPack 4.8.0.3

I have a windowsXP running NIS 2010 17.8.0.5 with AOP 4.7.0.10  The newest version AOP 4.8.0.3 came out 10/6/10

Shouldn't it have automatically updated on my computer? Or do i have to uninstall AOP and download and install the new  version myself? As I remember, It has always updated itself.

My notes that I keep myself when I change anything on the computer shows

7/20/10 downloaded and installed NIS 2010 version 17.7.0.12

7/29/10 downloaded and installed AOP 4.7.0.4

9/23/10 NIS 2010 update to version 17.8.0.5 AOP still 4.7.0.10

so sometime after 7/29/10 I assume auto update ran and updated AOP to 4.7.0.10 because I have no notes showing I installed it myself.

So why hasn't auto update updated to AOP 4.8.0.3?

Thanks Kevin

P.S. This is an old 2002 Desktop that never gets used but we keep it as a backup in case the newer laptop screws up. and I keep it updated. Also, before this is suggested, I am not interested in updating to NIS 2011 or using Norton online family on this computer. I am happy for now with NIS 2010 and the AOP way of parental controls. One headache at a time. :)

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: AddOnPack 4.8.0.3

I have a windowsXP running NIS 2010 17.8.0.5 with AOP 4.7.0.10  The newest version AOP 4.8.0.3 came out 10/6/10

Shouldn't it have automatically updated on my computer? Or do i have to uninstall AOP and download and install the new  version myself? As I remember, It has always updated itself.

My notes that I keep myself when I change anything on the computer shows

7/20/10 downloaded and installed NIS 2010 version 17.7.0.12

7/29/10 downloaded and installed AOP 4.7.0.4

9/23/10 NIS 2010 update to version 17.8.0.5 AOP still 4.7.0.10

so sometime after 7/29/10 I assume auto update ran and updated AOP to 4.7.0.10 because I have no notes showing I installed it myself.

So why hasn't auto update updated to AOP 4.8.0.3?

Thanks Kevin

P.S. This is an old 2002 Desktop that never gets used but we keep it as a backup in case the newer laptop screws up. and I keep it updated. Also, before this is suggested, I am not interested in updating to NIS 2011 or using Norton online family on this computer. I am happy for now with NIS 2010 and the AOP way of parental controls. One headache at a time. :)

Remerciements0

I will start with a small question. Why not upgrade to 2011? it's free

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Remerciements0

The main  reason is that NIS 2011 does not support AOP...I like AOP parental controls. I know I will have to upgrade next year around March when NIS stops updating AOP for all products.The AOP seems to fit what i need, mainly to block my kids from going to  inappropriate sites. 

Sometimes it seems I spend more time with glitches or errors in my NIS product  than i do with other programs on my computer.  This message board is filled with examples. I usually wait  for a couple months until most are worked out. Like I said, one headache at a time. :)

Kevin

Remerciements0

HI,

I am not sure whether Add-On pack auto updates to the latest version. I can check this and let you know.

Meanwhile, you can download and install AOP 4.8 from the following KB article:

Downloading Norton Add-on Pack 4.8

Vineeth

Remerciements0

Thanks, I will download and install newest version.

Accepted Solution
Remerciements1 Stats

Hi TooStrong,

Updating to 4.8.0.3 isn't completely necessary if you have the older version installed. There was only one very minor change.

When you run the AOP installer, it checks to see what version of NIS/N360 you have installed to make sure it's compatible. After the previous release of AOP (the one you had) we released a new update for NIS 2010 which changed the version number, so we have to update the AOP installer to check for that version number too. That's all the update was. 

Remerciements0

Thank You

Remerciements0

sorry I meant to click on Tim Lopez reply as the solution :)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.