• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

What Happened to Live Update in Antivirus 12 for MAC

I use Norton Antivirus v. 12 for a MAC and have noticed that there is no live update scheduler. I relied on that little bouncing icon every morning at 5 am to assure me that a scan had been performed. I read that scans are run every 2 hours in the background but do not see this is the case in the history. Is there a way to schedule a regular scan? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: What Happened to Live Update in Antivirus 12 for MAC

I use Norton Antivirus v. 12 for a MAC and have noticed that there is no live update scheduler. I relied on that little bouncing icon every morning at 5 am to assure me that a scan had been performed. I read that scans are run every 2 hours in the background but do not see this is the case in the history. Is there a way to schedule a regular scan? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Remerciements0

The "scheduling" of LiveUpdate (LU) and antivirus (AV) scan events is no longer a feature. Instead, both LU and AV scan events are done automatically.

I believe that LU events are done every 2 hours. The log for these events can be found as follows;

1. Launch LU

2. Select Window menu at Menu Bar.

3. Select Show History from drop down menu.

Here log entries are created per update made. Therefore, if there's no update to be had then there's no entry made.

Automatic AV scan events are done differently. The new feature is called Idle-time Scan (ITS) and its settings can be accessed from NAV's Automatic Protection tab.

1. Select the Configure button (authenticate if necessary).

Here you'll see the various settings for ITS. As the name implies, ITS scans occur when the system is "idle." As far as ITS is concerned, an "idle" state is defined by (1) no user interaction, (2) no heavy to moderate system processes taking place, (3) laptop systems must be connected to a power cord or above 70% battery capacity, the system is not sleeping, and (3) all conditions must exist for 5 minutes. When these conditions are met, ITS scanning begins in accordance with the setting you've assigned it. ITS log entries are displayed at NAV main window View History link.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you've any problems.

Thanks.

David

Remerciements0

How do you update 'Virus Definations'? In v11 you could schedule a weekly update.

Remerciements0

You no longer need to setup a schedule.  As David mentioned in the previous post, Live Update automatically checks for updates every 2 hours.  So, your virus definitions are updated a few times a day, instead of once a day (or once a week).

Remerciements0

Thanks for the info. Guess that's why I couldn't find it.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.