• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements0

NTB 2012.5.11.8 not working with today's Chrome 25.0.1364.97 push

FWIW - 10 different desktop systems with Chromium installed, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP, 32 and 64 bit, none working with the current NTB 2012 and today's Chromium push...  The Chromium updater initially disabled the Chromium NTB plugins on all systems.  It can be re-enabled, but it does not function.  The NTB icon shows, but the toolbar itself will not display.  Safeweb icons do not display, though the NTB icon shows the green dot.  NTB form filler does not activate when navigating to any previously recorded website.

Edit: Additional info - The filler bar does pop up and prompt for vault login credentials (local vault in my case) but the filler manager then fails to fill the website dialog.  For websites with multiple logins, the filler bar also pops up to prompt for the appropriate fill selection, but again the form filler then fails to fill in the webpage dialog boxes...

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: NTB 2012.5.11.8 not working with today's Chrome 25.0.1364.97 push

FWIW - 10 different desktop systems with Chromium installed, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP, 32 and 64 bit, none working with the current NTB 2012 and today's Chromium push...  The Chromium updater initially disabled the Chromium NTB plugins on all systems.  It can be re-enabled, but it does not function.  The NTB icon shows, but the toolbar itself will not display.  Safeweb icons do not display, though the NTB icon shows the green dot.  NTB form filler does not activate when navigating to any previously recorded website.

Edit: Additional info - The filler bar does pop up and prompt for vault login credentials (local vault in my case) but the filler manager then fails to fill the website dialog.  For websites with multiple logins, the filler bar also pops up to prompt for the appropriate fill selection, but again the form filler then fails to fill in the webpage dialog boxes...

Remerciements0

All I can say is thank goodness someone else is having this issue! Been messing about with newly updated Google Chrome 25.0.1364.97 all day it seems, trying to get Norton Toolbar 2012 to work properly with it but even if I do manage to enable the toolbar, sure enough it will just suddenly disappear once I open another tab, or the safe site icons will disappear, or there will be just general Chrome weirdness. Also Identity Safe seems to be able to fill in passwords, etc but the page generally will not automatically submit like it did before Google Chrome updated today. Seems like its back to Firefox 19 again...

Remerciements0

Hi,

We are aware of the issues being faced with Chrome 25 and we are tracking them with defects. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Prasanna.

Remerciements0

Humor me while I think out loud"

Lots of problems with Chrome since Norton started supporting(?) it. 

Norton does not support IE 64 bit, nor Safari, nor Opera (you get the idea) - so was it a good idea to "support Chrome"?

Are the reoccurring problems really worth "supporting it"?

It was not supported before - has there been a noteable increase in Norton subscriptions(income) as a result of adding Chrome users who did not use Norton because of non-support of Chrome? 

Would there be a significant decrease in Norton users if Chrome was not supported anymore?

Would there be more time for Norton to devote to trying to make the Online Vault, ID Safe, and other functions used by the massses (regardless of browser) more reliable?

I now return you to someone else's thread - sorry for the momentary hijack!

Remerciements0

Hi Yank,

I'll have a stab at this one - Browser Statistics

Chrome in January had 48.4% of the market

Firefox had 30.2%

Internet explorer had 14.3%

Safari had 4.2%

Opera had 1.9%

Dave

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Remerciements0

Krusty13 wrote:

Hi Yank,

I'll have a stab at this one - Browser Statistics

Chrome in January had 48.4% of the market

Firefox had 30.2%

Internet explorer had 14.3%

Safari had 4.2%

Opera had 1.9%

Dave

Hi Dave,

Stab all you want - I think you missed my line of thought. 

It does not answer what I was thinking.  How many were not using Norton soley because Chrome was not supported, versus how many more are soley using Norton now that Chrome is supported. 

I am not thinking about entire market share for each browser, but the percentage of each browser using Norton as a result of including Chrome support. 

Perhaps comparing the users of Chrome now versus 6 months ago and then ask that increase in number why they are using Chrome - how many would say because Norton now supports it?

Conversely, how many Norton users have quit using FF and gone to Chrome because of the hassles with FF 's many updates and Norton now supporting Chrome.

It is a never ending circle - something the Norton marketing types neeed to figure out!

Remerciements0

yank wrote:

Humor me while I think out loud"

Lots of problems with Chrome since Norton started supporting(?) it. 

Norton does not support IE 64 bit, nor Safari, nor Opera (you get the idea) - so was it a good idea to "support Chrome"?

Are the reoccurring problems really worth "supporting it"?

It was not supported before - has there been a noteable increase in Norton subscriptions(income) as a result of adding Chrome users who did not use Norton because of non-support of Chrome? 

Would there be a significant decrease in Norton users if Chrome was not supported anymore?

Would there be more time for Norton to devote to trying to make the Online Vault, ID Safe, and other functions used by the massses (regardless of browser) more reliable?

I now return you to someone else's thread - sorry for the momentary hijack!

In case you missed it, there is also issues with IE9 - http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Safe-Site-icons-have-disappeared-from-IE9/td-p/908655

And I'm sure you know the issues with Firefox, so which browser would you suggest Symantec concentrate their attention?

Dave

Remerciements0

Those browser statistics are from people using a web-development site.

I wouldn't call that very accurate for browser usage in general.

It would be like tracking a photo editing site and declaring apple is used more than windows.

Dave

Remerciements0

Hello all!! 

same problem here but also another issue:

as soon as I startup Chrome and go to the Facebook page, Norton Toolbar overlaps the first part of the page, so you either need to click away the Toolbar or you have to navigate and press a button underneath the toolbar. Hope you all know what I mean. I will post a Screenshot in a minute!

Thanks 

Pièce Jointe: 
Remerciements0

Poffertje1985 wrote:

Hello all!! 

same problem here but also another issue:

as soon as I startup Chrome and go to the Facebook page, Norton Toolbar overlaps the first part of the page, so you either need to click away the Toolbar or you have to navigate and press a button underneath the toolbar. Hope you all know what I mean. I will post a Screenshot in a minute!

Thanks 

Hi - I have exactly the same issue as you. It happens on quite a few pages - almost like the Norton Toolbar is covering the top part of a page and the browser doesn't 'see' that the Norton Toolbar is there. I find that if you maximize/minimize the page it will redraw it and the missing top part will then generally reappear. A bit annoying though, nevertheless!

Remerciements0

I have found that if I click the x at the left hand side of the Norton Toolbar and hide it (not disabling the extension though) most of my issues go away (well so far anyway). I have to click the Norton icon to the right of the Chrome address bar to see the Norton toolbar again and access Norton Identity Safe (for my logins) which isn't ideal, but at least I can use Chrome without the tops of the pages disappearing *and* keep phishing protection enabled - or so I presume ( can anyone confirm this?).

Remerciements0

Using NIS 2012 (19.9.1.14)

Windows XP SP3

Chrome Browser 99% of the time

Have been offline for a week. After turning computer on today, got the Chrome 25.0.1364.97 update. Relaunched the browser and restarted the computer. My problem is the same or similar to others in this thread.

I have already done an uninstall/reinstall of Chrome with (zero) results. Ran Norton Autofix with no issues found. The Norton Extension is Enabled. Tools > Extensions > Norton Identity Protection 2012.5.11.8 > Enabled.

The main problem is when opening New Tabs. As long as I open bookmarks, links, etc. in the same tab, the toolbar remains in place. Using ID Safe to log into sites is no problem .. toolbar remains. Safe Web icons display as they should next to search results. No problem with tops of pages being cut off as some have mentioned.

Since opening most things in a new tab is a must, the missing toolbar becomes a bit annoying. Anything I open in a new tab is when the toolbar disappears .. and that's with the extension enabled. So I have to hit the Reload button, then the toolbar appears. All functions of ID Safe work. Logging in to sites, form filling with an Identity Card, using the Export/Backup feature and so on. It's only when opening something in a new tab that the toolbar disappears.

Ed

Remerciements0

Hi Ed,

I've seen this since the latest Chrome update, but not every time;

Dave

Remerciements0

Having a negative nellie moment, but I do have to say.... I am dead tired of battling with this problem all the time. 

Is there no way you can get ahead of the release cycles with the browser creators?

Remerciements0

Hello,

Been experiencing some issues with NIS and Chrome as well, though they don't seem as severe as some of those posted here already.

Pretty much I get a message from Chrome saying that NIS has stopped responding, would I like to kill it?  I always say no, haven't experimented with saying yes yet.  Then Chrome hangs for about 30s, then it becomes functional, autofill options still work but it looks like SafeWeb no longer works.

Just thought I'd report my issues,

could easily provide more info if anybody needs it,

Thanks,

Remerciements0

Finally found the right place.  I am also having this problem.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling NIS.  I hope a solution is found soon!!

Remerciements0

same problem, so annoying, every time i open a new tab it fails to fill the login info 

Remerciements0

Is anyone working on this issue?

I have the same problem.

I have NIS 2012 with all the patches and updates.  After the recent chrome update, the SAFE-ID stopped working properly and no lonter fills the login info.  I have disable and enabled it and still no luck

Thanks

Remerciements0

Here are the  incompatibility issues that Symantec must resolve with Chrome 25:

1. Tool bar ID safe is not working properly.  Some time it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.  Even when it shows up; it has stopped filling up the fields for some sites or doesn't ask you to enter the safe id password and won't fill up the fields subsequently

2. When Symantec Safe bar is enabled and you go to multiple sites using multiple tabs; scrolling stops working properly and it gets stuck.  If you switch between tabs; you will notice the scrolling problem

3. Tool bar ID safe gets in the way of viewing the top of the page.  What I mean is that it is covering the top portion.

4. Tool bar has kind of disappeared.  You have to click on the icon for it on top to get it back.  Sometimes you have to click a few times.

Would you please address these issues?

Thanks

Remerciements0

Remerciements0

Bug in Norton Identity safe, both standalone and the other's in chrome version 25.

This issue is being faced by everyone whose uses chrome 25.

This is a serious issue, because it has been more a than a week that chrome 25 has been launched and it's still not fixed.

Bug :

ID safe toolbar and the fill option will not come all time. Some times it comes and some times for the same websites.

No solution for this, unless to use a different browser or try close and reopen chrome again and again.

And it happened only after the version upgrade in chrome.

It happens in win 8, which I am using..,,and also happens in win 7 and vista and I confirmed it.

I waited 1 week  to check issue will be resolved, but still not resolved.

I hope this will be addressed soon.

Thanks

John

Remerciements1 Stats

Hi JohnMathew,

Sorry for the issues you are facing.

We have identified all chrome 25 related issues and fixed internally also. We will release a patch soon.

Please watch forum announcement periodically about patch release.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Senthil

Remerciements0

Identity Safe is rather buggy with Chrome, always has been, but it's rock stable on IE10.

I don't understand why there isn't support for more stable browsers like Opera, Maxthon and alike.

Remerciements0

Violator wrote:

Identity Safe is rather buggy with Chrome, always has been, but it's rock stable on IE10.

I don't understand why there isn't support for more stable browsers like Opera, Maxthon and alike.

With Opera switching to the Webkit engine, I think you will start to see more development for that browser.

Corey
Remerciements0

Remerciements1 Stats

Hello,

The Hotfox for Chrome 25 support only applies to our 2013 products. You would need to first upgrade to 2013 before applying the Hotfix.

- dconn

Remerciements3 Stats

dconn wrote:

Hello,

The Hotfox for Chrome 25 support only applies to our 2013 products. You would need to first upgrade to 2013 before applying the Hotfix.

- dconn

Thanks dconn,

Yes - and that's an upgrade that many (myself included) refuse to do, thanks to 2013's many (and often reported) cloud related flaws / inconsistent usability issues...

Of course this now begs the question: Is there a similar 2012 patch in the works as well?

Regards,

John,

Remerciements1 Stats

avjohnnie wrote:

dconn wrote:

Hello,

- dconn

Thanks dconn,

Yes - and that's an upgrade that many (myself included) refuse to do, thanks to 2013's many (and often reported) cloud related flaws / inconsistent usability issues...

Of course this now begs the question: Is there a similar 2012 patch in the works as well?

Regards,

John,

Yes, I too am very disappointed that the patch only works for the 2013 products. Here's hoping you release a patch soon for those wishing to stay with the 2012 version for now...

Remerciements1 Stats

John,

There are no current plans to provide a 2012 patch for Chrome 25 support.  If there is significant demand for it that might change.

Regarding 2013's issues I think if you were to give it another try you would see that it is significantly improved in terms of stability and usability. The vault is still cloud only for new users but otherwise worth another look I believe.

Thanks as always for your input.

- dconn

Remerciements3 Stats

dconn wrote:

There are no current plans to provide a 2012 patch for Chrome 25 support.  If there is significant demand for it that might change.

Regarding 2013's issues I think if you were to give it another try you would see that it is significantly improved in terms of stability and usability. The vault is still cloud only for new users but otherwise worth another look I believe.

Dconn,

Respectively, are NIS 2012 and other Norton 2012 products already so ancient, they are not worthy of a patch for Chrome 25 support ?

All of us using the 2012 version waited very patiently for a patch to come through, only to find out it's for 2013 products only. This is beyond a complete disappointment.

Many of us opted to pass on the current version, v20, because of the month's long issues and problems. Now I have a perfectly working Norton 2012 product, but a faulty toolbar when using my browser of choice .. Chrome.

The answer is not to upgrade to the current v20.

Very Disappointed to say the least.

Respectively

Ed

Remerciements3 Stats

dconn wrote:

John,

Thanks as always for your input.

- dconn

So, although I was the initial poster regarding this issue back at the end of February, and specifically cited the problem as it relates to the 2012 products, then was subsequently mislead by Symantec Employee postings into believing that a patch was being formulated to address the problem, the truth in fact was that Symantec never intended to produce a 2012 patch for this problem - It would have been nice to have been told this upfront, but it seems that Symantec has become a company more cloaked with deceit than imbued with forthrightness.

-John

Remerciements2 Stats

This particular thread was started about a Norton 2012 product. It would have been nice to know in advance, back in February there were no plans for a 2012 patch.

A Symantec Employee says in This Post, that a patch will be released soon. That led us to believe a patch for the product this thread is about.

Instead, in This Post a Symantec Employee tells us the patch for Chrome 25 support is for 2013 products only.

Symantec, respectively reconsider a patch for Norton 2012 products in respect to Chrome 25 support and beyond.

Ed

Remerciements0

Hi Edjr60,

I'm sorry for the misleading information in senthilkumar's post -- as dconn has posted, the toolbar patch is only for the 2013 products. We always recommend updating to the latest version of the Norton products as a way to ensure the highest security. Also, these updates are free with a valid subscription at the Norton Update Center.

I know you have your reasons for staying at the older version, and I'm not expecting to change your mind about updating to the latest version. However, you should expect that, as time goes on, continuing to use an older version will limit the number of product updates and compatibility updates you can receive.

Again, I apologize if the prior post misled you, and I hope you understand the current situation. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Remerciements0

Tony_Weiss wrote:

Hi Edjr60,

I'm sorry for the misleading information in senthilkumar's post -- as dconn has posted, the toolbar patch is only for the 2013 products. We always recommend updating to the latest version of the Norton products as a way to ensure the highest security. Also, these updates are free with a valid subscription at the Norton Update Center.

I know you have your reasons for staying at the older version, and I'm not expecting to change your mind about updating to the latest version. However, you should expect that, as time goes on, continuing to use an older version will limit the number of product updates and compatibility updates you can receive.

Again, I apologize if the prior post misled you, and I hope you understand the current situation. Thanks.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for responding to the post.

It is most appreciated.

Ed

Remerciements4 Stats

Tony_Weiss wrote:

Hi Edjr60,

Given that the Toolbar Hotfix contained both Chrome and Firefox fixes, can you please confirm whether or not the following statement is true in relation to your post above:

From now on, users of the 2012 versions of the Norton products will no longer receive Norton Toolbar updates for the Chrome and Firefox browsers. The only way for users to receive ongoing Norton Toolbar support for both of these browsers is by upgrading their Norton product to the latest Norton 2013/v20 release. 

Before anyone can claim to understand the current situation, we need to understand the scope of this change.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Remerciements0

Hi elsewhere,

Your statement below in blue has a lot of absolutes, so it's difficult for me to agree or disagree with it. Additionally, depending on the versions and releases, the below statement might never be true. Also, it's difficult for me to see that far into the future, to know that these will remain true and absolute.

I can say that the best way to ensure that you will receive the most current compatibility patches for Firefox and Chrome is to keep your Norton product current. It may not always be the only way, but as I said in the previous post, using an older version has the potential to limit the compatibility updates you receive.

elsewhere wrote:

Given that the Toolbar Hotfix contained both Chrome and Firefox fixes, can you please confirm whether or not the following statement is true in relation to your post above:

From now on, users of the 2012 versions of the Norton products will no longer receive Norton Toolbar updates for the Chrome and Firefox browsers. The only way for users to receive ongoing Norton Toolbar support for both of these browsers is by upgrading their Norton product to the latest Norton 2013/v20 release. 

Before anyone can claim to understand the current situation, we need to understand the scope of this change.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Remerciements0

Tony_Weiss wrote:

Hi elsewhere,

Your statement below in blue has a lot of absolutes, so it's difficult for me to agree or disagree with it. Additionally, depending on the versions and releases, the below statement might never be true. Also, it's difficult for me to see that far into the future, to know that these will remain true and absolute.

I can say that the best way to ensure that you will receive the most current compatibility patches for Firefox and Chrome is to keep your Norton product current. It may not always be the only way, but as I said in the previous post, using an older version has the potential to limit the compatibility updates you receive.

elsewhere wrote:

Please clarify.

Thanks

Hi Tony

You said above:

"Your statement below in blue has a lot of absolutes, so it's difficult for me to agree or disagree with it. Additionally, depending on the versions and releases, the below statement might never be true. Also, it's difficult for me to see that far into the future, to know that these will remain true and absolute."

And I'd say that most politicians around the world would be very proud of an answer like that!

Given the above, are Norton 2012 product users going to find out on the day of the next Firefox release that their Norton product no longer provides support for their latest Firefox update? If this is the intention, then Symantec needs to update the Symantec Support Policy for Norton products and provide advance notice of this change in the Norton Community Forums.

The OP followed your advice and upgraded:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Abandoned-on-support-Now-what/m-p/933689/highlight/true#M9870

Based on the above, please let us know if this was the outcome you expected:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Abandoned-on-support-Now-what/m-p/934529/highlight/true#M9908

Please advise.

Thanks

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.