Dreaded Ghost 15 - Windows 10 5% Progress Fail
Hi! First, thanks to all the people who have worked on getting Ghost 15 to work on Windows 10. So, my situation is:
After completely uninstalling Ghost 15 and all Norton data files, I have:
1) cold booted and then installed but NOT run Ghost 15;
2) changed the OS compatibility setting to Windows 7;
4) Ghost 15 automatically started on reboot;
5) entered LEGITIMATE, ORIGINAL PURCHASER, never-used license key;
6) BINGO! it works;
7) defined a full c:\ backup and schedule (single? no? partition HDD);
8) run backup;
9) BOOM! Backup fails at 5% progress.
This is the error message:
-Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, SnapShotDevice::GetDeviceCharacteristics3: .\SnapShotDevice.cpp(262): mSymSnapVolume->IsSnapped().
I have also tried this whole process but setting the OS compatibility to Windows XP, SP3 with the same non-result.
Other than bailing on Ghost 15 (and, really, I'm okay doing that but I'm just so invested in making it work--even if I then bail on it out of spite after making it work!), has anybody been able to solve this issue? (Please: no suggestions for alternate backup software at this time, okay?)