このフォーラムスレッドには解決策が必要です。
拍手0

Error with Norton Ghost with error

I am having a problem running Norton Ghost Version 15 doing a full volume copy of my drive C.

the error I  am getting is Win32/Win64 API DeviceloControl(IOCTL_VSNAP_SET_SNAP_VOLUMES) failed

the log on this error says to reboot the system and every thing was fine, but I am not having that luck.

any suggestions ?

返信

拍手0

Re: Error with Norton Ghost with error

What OS? Are there any other backup programs installed? Was this working before?

拍手0

Thank you for responding.  The operating system is Windows 10 Home.  After the software was installed I change all of the *.exe to compatibility mode of windows 7.  I was able to backup the data files (Drive D) but my backup for the entire Drive C failed with this error.  The procedure for the conversion was on the Blog.  It my even be this Blog.  There are no other backup programs in use on this system other than Norton Security w/backup which is not use.  I tried to use it under Windows 7 on a different system but it did not have the controls and features of the Ghost program, which is why I did the conversion process.  This is the first time trying to backup Drive C, but Drive D worked fine. 

拍手0

Ghost 15 is about 6 years older than Windows 10. I don't see how anyone would trust something so out of date to backup precious data.I think the people who have this working updated from Windows 7. I believe a clean install of Windows 10 uses partitions that Ghost 15 does not understand. I wouldn't know because I will not be updating my PC to Windows 10. If you really like Ghost 15, then look at the replacement Symantec System Recovery R2 Desktop Edition. Oddly enough, not sold by Symantec anymore, but by Veritas.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.