Migrating from Norton Internet Security to Norton 360
投稿日: 2022-04-06 | 18:21 · 返信 0 · パーマリンク · 翻訳:
I'm getting a prompt sliding up from the system tray with the following alert:
"You have not completed your Norton product registration."
After some due diligence, I determined that I'm using Norton Internet Security, instead of Norton 360, so I'm running an outdated version. However, I have an active subscription for Norton 360 Deluxe Plus, therefore I'm not sure how this got overlooked, given it's running on 3 other home computers.
The following articles seem to provide the correct solution:
- Uninstall your Norton device security product on Mac
- Download and install your Norton device security product on Mac
However, I have the following questions:
- Can I install Norton 360 first, and then uninstall Norton Internet Security to help reduce any potential vulnerabilities?
- How vulnerable will my computer be to attacks during this process?
- Since Norton Internet Security has been replaced by Norton 360, how does it still work on my computer?
- Why would the software show having been updated in my "Applications" directory back in December if it had been discontinued?
This issue is outside my area of expertise, therefore I want to proceed with caution. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.