Norton 360 reports compromised network due to SSL decryption by unknown third party when using Netgear Orbi RBR750 mesh network.
投稿日: 2022-05-17 | 07:53 · 返信 6 · パーマリンク · 翻訳:
I have just upgraded my old home network with a new Netgear Orbi RBR750 router and one satellite.
I'm using the Netgear Orbi app on my Android Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G mobile for setup and control purposes. (by the way, this app is very basic and slow!)
My problem is that the main network fails, whereas the Guest network works as expected, including VPN!!
When selecting the main network on my mobile I can see that Norton 360 tests the network and eventually reports that the wifi network is compromised due to a SSL decryption attempt by an unknown third party.
This problem occurred immediately after initial setup of the Orbi network, - and later every time the main network is re-selected. Norton 360 has never reported a similar problem in my old home network. The result is that Norton blocks the web access and the Norton VPN setup also fails. The Orbi app reports an internet connection, but it is presumably blocked by Norton!
The circumstances in connection with the initial occurrence of this problem makes me suspect that this is a false negative and that another possibility might be an obscure setup problem or an incompatibility issue between Orbi and Norton!
I'm using the standard Orbi setup. The Orbi app gives very few setup alternatives or status reports.
The RBR750 router uses Netgear Armor. Also, currently, only a Windows PC is connected to the main network in addition to the mobile, no other active devices are detected!
The latest sw are used both for the Orbi mesh and for the Orbi app as well as for Norton 360.
I would appreciate any suggestions and help with this problem!
Re: Norton 360 reports compromised network due to SSL decryption by unknown third party when using Netgear Orbi RBR750 mesh network.
投稿日: 2022-05-24 | 05:26 · パーマリンク
A final update:
I have now discovered that the problem I had with a working guest network and a non-functional main network was due to me having activated Parental Controls in the Netgear Orbi app - and at some later stage having paused it !!!
Apparently Parental Control settings only affects the main network and not the guest network! I have now disabled Parental Control altogether as I don't use it.
Everything now seems to work fine and Norton don't complain!
The only small issue remaining is that on my Android mobile, in the Settings/Wi-Fi section, the selected mesh network is noted as "Connected via Orbi", and not simply as "Connected" as is standard for other networks.
I have done a Google search on this and found that this also have been observed by others without any other noticeable problems!