• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Problems to backup/restore raid 10 arrays with Ghost 15

I am a Ghost 15.0 user and am satisfied with its performance BEFORE I setup a Raid 10 arrays.  I used to backup/restore the required drive by booting up with the Custom Recovery Disk (created under the Win 7x64 environment). 

Recently, I set up a Raid 10 arrays (4 hard disks) with a hardware raid controller (LSI 9265-8i).  When I boot up the computer with the CRD, I can't find the virtual drives under the raid 10 arrays.  So I have to run Ghost under Win 7 environment.  I encounter no problem in backup a Raid 10 virtual drive and save it in a normal hard disk.  However, when I want to restore the the backups to the virtual drive, there is no other destination drive for me to choose except the OS drive (drive C).  After some searching, I find from the "advance" box and get the "backup history" and luckily restore the data to the raid array. 

My question/problems are:

(i) how can I make a CRD which can recognise the raid arrays to make it my source or destination drive?

(ii) why can't Ghost 15.0 (under Win 7 environment) allow the user to decide the destination drive (other than drive c) to restore their backups?

Thanks.

ckn

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Problems to backup/restore raid 10 arrays with Ghost 15

Welcome,

I can't answer your first question but the second one depends on how you configure the backup, not the restore. There's a place to allow the backup to be restored to another location that must be enabled [checked] before you are allowed to restore to a different drive.

One of the experts will stop by to provide assistance on that first question. I haven't tried to use Ghost in that configuration.

Sorry

Dick Win 10x64 10586 current NSBU
Kudos2 Stats

Problem solved now.

Previously I mistook that the Ghost Custom Recovery Disk (CRD) runs under Linux or other environment; but now I find that it actually runs under Windows PE environment.  So when I created the CRD again I added LSI's windows 32-bit driver.  Now, when I boot up with the CRD, the Raid's virtual drives can be detected and I could backup/restore smoothly as before --- choosing any drive as "source drive" / "destination drive".

Thanks.

Kudos0

CKN wrote:

Problem solved now.

Previously I mistook that the Ghost Custom Recovery Disk (CRD) runs under Linux or other environment; but now I find that it actually runs under Windows PE environment.  So when I created the CRD again I added LSI's windows 32-bit driver.  Now, when I boot up with the CRD, the Raid's virtual drives can be detected and I could backup/restore smoothly as before --- choosing any drive as "source drive" / "destination drive".

Thanks.

CKN

Glad to read that all is well. Need your assistance now. Please select a message and click on the 'solved' button so that all will know that this thread is completed.

Thanks

Dick Win 10x64 10586 current NSBU

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.