• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Resolved Security Risk issue

Hi there, just having an extremely annoying issue with 360 at the moment.

I downloaded a file which "Download Insight" deemed to be a medium threat. Which it is not. It says the threat is "WS.Reputation.1".

File Insight says "This threat has been removed" - "No further action is needed". Status says "Removed".

Now, I go to "Options" for this particular file thinking I could just recover it like I have to do with so many other files that SONAR deems a threat (once again, they are not).

I find that there is NO "Recover" option and only "Remove from history" or "Submit to Symantec".

I want this file back as it's 400Mb and my internet usage quota is getting a little tight.

Some help would be great.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Re: Resolved Security Risk issue

Hi,

this will be a false positive detection, but unfortunately with a file so big (400MB) the product will not move it to the quarantine. :(

What you can do is create a SONAR exclusion for a folder where you would download the file, and this way SONAR will not catch it.

Also please report Symantec the false positive detection: https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

In the details fiels include the download link.

Let us know the results.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Resolved Security Risk issue

Hey mate, thanks heaps for all the help. I went and downloaded the file again but I turned off Antivirus Auto Protect this time. The folder exclusion idea is pure gold. Never knew I could do that. That will solve most of my issues!

Cheers mate and once again, thanks for all the help.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.