Earlier today Symantec released a patch for Norton Internet Security 2012, bringing it up to version 19.2..
The update will download automatically. To manually update to the latest version, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required once the update is applied. To verify you have all of the updates required, it is suggested you continue to run LiveUpdate until there are no more updates available.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The current version number of Norton Internet Security is 126.96.36.199
Below is a list of fixes that have been included in the 19.2 patch. These are not all of the fixes, only the major ones that have affected the most users.
- Quick Scan should do a better job of detecting the idle state of a system before running.
- Corrected several Browser/Toolbar crashes when using IE, Chrome and Firefox. (Filling forms or Credit cards on some sites was crashing and is now corrected in addition to other reported crashes.)
- Updated ID safe to correct several login issues
- Corrected an issue with Settings UI launch to increase performance
- Corrected a Reputation Scan failure
- Updated Firefox support to include version 8
- Corrected an issue wherein Identity Safe log in failed if password was longer than 20 characters
- NCO carries a new feature called Secure Resume